Chicago Bulls: Why cant they build a new winning team?

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Truth of the matter is the Bulls have really never been a good franchise outside the Michael Jordan era. All of which was made possible by Portland passing on him by need due to having a future HOF SG already.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Truth of the matter is the Bulls have really never been a good franchise outside the Michael Jordan era. All of which was made possible by Portland passing on him by need due to having a future HOF SG already.

That is false

The Bulls were respectable franchise in late 60's and early 70's including back to back Conf Finals appearances

It was when Wirtz family bought them and cut budget that they fell into gutter before being saved by Jerry + MJ and having glory era

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Bulls will be fine. They have a franchise type player in Markkanen.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The player that best exemplifies the Bulls is Zach Lavine. Overpaid, overrated, also looks to have promise and then chucks up shot after shot making about 25% of them.

To be accurate, drives to the basket against 2-3 guys, doesn't exploit the empty space that might create for his team mates and ends up missing the shot or losing possession.

Reactions: Gecklund

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Be prepared to be attacked by homer Bulls fans and Finns.

I'm a Bulls fan, but Lauri isn't a franchise player. You are right about the bolded though.

I think the Bulls will be frisky this year. I could see them getting the 8 spot. Of course that's such a low bar in the East, but it would be a decent step forward for the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad