Pre-Game Talk: Chicago Blackhawks vs Pittsburgh Penguins 1/5/16 - Let the good times roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
JQ is a good coach. I doubt Scuds is on the ice against the big guns.

Ill take Sheary exposing him. And Plotnikov knocking him on his ass.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
Yeah, I don't know if Scuderi's even going to play at all. He didn't last game, and like mpp9 said, JQ is a good coach, he should know better. But yeah, seeing Sid, Geno, or Phil against Scuds would be really fun.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Yeah can't we send Zatkoff down and call up Murray to play in the second of the back to back? Pretty please!

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
He's pretty terrible I don't like to admit. Let Murray get more reps in the A for now though.

Yeah I don't want Murray up here riding pine, but in back to backs against teams like Chicago, I'd much rather call up Murray and play him for a game and then send him back down.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
Yeah I don't want Murray up here riding pine, but in back to backs against teams like Chicago, I'd much rather call up Murray and play him for a game and then send him back down.

I agree. But I don't want to see Murray getting yo-yo'd. Just play Fleury back-to-back.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Because Zatkoff has a floppy style of goaltending, he's terrible?

His stats this season are 2.60 GAA, .926 SV%.

That's fine for a backup who plays 15-20 games.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Those numbers are based on the stupid system MJ had in place. He was insulated by every player on the team.

He's fundamentally terrible.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Last 4 games under Sullivan: .929 SV%, .824SV%, .964SV%, .943SV%.

Last start for him was the first where Sullivan's system was actually implemented. He got lucky last game quite a few times. If you watch him play you can tell he's not good.

Based off of those numbers he would be a #1 goalie...there's a reason he's not.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Last start for him was the first where Sullivan's system was actually implemented. He got lucky last game quite a few times. If you watch him play you can tell he's not good.

Based off of those numbers he would be a #1 goalie...there's a reason he's not.

I have watched him play, and every goalie gets lucky sometimes. He made some good saves as well.

I'm not arguing he should even play more or anything, I'm just saying he's adequate in his role.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Because Zatkoff has a floppy style of goaltending, he's terrible?

His stats this season are 2.60 GAA, .926 SV%.

That's fine for a backup who plays 15-20 games.

It comes down to having zero trust in him. Similar to Fleury a few years ago, without the athletic ability, you have no idea what you are going to get with him. A team notices when their goalie is flopping everywhere. It can have a meaningful impact on their psyche.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I have watched him play, and every goalie gets lucky sometimes. He made some good saves as well.

I'm not arguing he should even play more or anything, I'm just saying he's adequate in his role.

Under normal circumstances with the Penguins, sure he's adequate. But the Pens are not in a position where they can throw away points playing the back up. They need to win a **** load of games from here on out and a lot of them are against divisional opponents ahead of them in the standings. I don't trust Zatkoff to play any of those important games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad