Rumor: Chicago Blackhawks Looking to trade Duncan Keith

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
He has to keep playing until his contract is over, his ex woman taking that child support money so he needs to work yall

This is like the 3rd time, at least, that you've made some unfunny comment about Keith paying child support that I've seen. What is your issue with paying child support.

Reactions: Nazzlind

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Everybody hates those type of players unless they're on your team and you love them.

Reactions: David71

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
This is like the 3rd time, at least, that you've made some unfunny comment about Keith paying child support that I've seen. What is your issue with paying child support.

Boy please shut the f*** up

Y’all take everything too serious around here, no god damn humour up on these boards.

Last edited:

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Really weird you're freaking out over someone asking you why you're fixated on child support. Like, your immediate reaction was to tell me to 'f*** off' and now you're getting, I dunno, defensive? Irrational? I have no idea what the hell you're trying to say here.

And who gives a shit that he pays child support? It's a good thing he's taking care of his child. That should be celebrated instead of made fun of or seen as a negative. Where's that guys head at, seriously?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
How was rypien a punk?

some people literally forgot the dirty hit from Keith to Daniel Sedin pretty much changed his career. It was like a career changing injury. Although Daniel was still a consistent offensive player he was never really the same thanks to Keith. Duncan Keith can eat crap for all I care. He's not coming anywhere near this team.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
some people literally forgot the dirty hit from Keith to Daniel Sedin pretty much changed his career. It was like a career changing injury. Although Daniel was still a consistent offensive player he was never really the same thanks to Keith. Duncan Keith can eat crap for all I care. He's not coming anywhere near this team.

It was a dirty hit, but let's be real, both of the Sedins had peaked in 2010. Henrik had already "regressed" (if you want to call it that) to a point per game player by 2012 and by 2014 was below that threshold too. Daniel had a similar trajectory and has said multiple times that this hit didn't change his career. This is a bit of Canucks fans, at the time, being in denial that our window was closing with these two. Just let it go man.

Reactions: Zippgunn

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Boy please shut the f*** up

Y’all take everything too serious around here, no god damn humour up on these boards.
And who gives a shit that he pays child support? It's a good thing he's taking care of his child. That should be celebrated instead of made fun of or seen as a negative.
What's up with child support?

Hey. Calm down guys. EpockLink made a bad joke. There is also nothing wrong with child support. In fact, Duncan is pretty much starving his kid. By mom's calculations (and moms often know best), Little Keith requires over $69K a month to support. Duncan hired some good lawyers and is only paying $10K a month in child support and $45K a month in spousal support. Being mom to Little Keith is a full time job. Even if mom doesn't eat, $10K+$45K a month is not even close to being enough to support Little Keith. You do the math. :(

Plus we all know what Duncan is doing here. He's moving closer to his son to establish a closer connection over the next two years so that when he retires he's going to ask a judge to amend the order and pay even less in child support because he'll no longer be making as much money, he will agree to pay for Little Keith's schooling, and Little Keith will be living with dad about half of the time.

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015

I have no idea if Keith is actually still good. He has two seasons left at 5.54m. You best believe our ownership and management are salivating at the idea.

This is the Canucks board. Chicago board is under the central division.

Reactions: m9

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Really weird you're freaking out over someone asking you why you're fixated on child support. Like, your immediate reaction was to tell me to 'f*** off' and now you're getting, I dunno, defensive? Irrational? I have no idea what the hell you're trying to say here.

actually it is really weird you are trying to make an issue of it. keith's wife cheated on him with a team mate and then he ended up paying a ton of child and spousal support. that is 100% the kind of thing that hockey fans mock and have schadenfreude about when they discuss hated rival players. how you get from that to the idea the poster is against child support is beyond me. the op is obviously in favour of it when it comes to keith. i am sure he would favour keith paying much more.

anyway, if keith is trying to get closer to his family to get more access to his son that is to be respected and admired. if he also wants to reduce his usustainable support obligations, who can blame him. either goal is going to be tricky to pull off from another town while he plays pro-hockey but maybe his trade list is the list of places his ex is willing to move to for the next two years. if that is the list, pretty sure it would not be edmonton and i highly doubt calgary.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
It was a dirty hit, but let's be real, both of the Sedins had peaked in 2010. Henrik had already "regressed" (if you want to call it that) to a point per game player by 2012 and by 2014 was below that threshold too. Daniel had a similar trajectory and has said multiple times that this hit didn't change his career. This is a bit of Canucks fans, at the time, being in denial that our window was closing with these two. Just let it go man.

Probably not.

Duncan Keith can go f*** himself with a screwdriver.

pYljVTJ.gif

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
If there was any truth to this at all, why would they bring that player back in 2017?

to answer that you'd need to get further into gossip and rumour.

so you are right and i should have said "allegedly", so let's just say it is a persistent rumour. it is just the type of persistent rumour that a fanbase would use to heckle a hated rival player, whether they could prove it or not.

as for the truth of it, we cannot get into that here anymore than any of the other hockey affairs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad