Rumor: Chicago Blackhawks Looking to trade Duncan Keith

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i wonder if this means hawks are in at the finish on eichel.

anyway, friedman is going to need to figure out a better vague geographic term. the pnw part is simply not necessary unless it is seattle. unless he's going to join the winterhawks, which would save on jerseys.

my money is on the oilers trying to replace barrie or the kraken trying to land a name. i can see keith being interested to end things with mcdavid.

but we do not need another offensive lhd. and keith never played for the canucks so flames will not be interested.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Maybe this is just the Canucks fan who still remembers 2012 in me that is overriding whatever supposed value we can get out of this, but...

Imo, we should be so far away from this deal that if you dropped a nuclear bomb on Duncan Keith, Benning wouldn't get radiation burns.

depending on the yield, that could be unavoidable if he goes to seattle.

Reactions: DS7

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
We already have diminutive PMD’s..We need more guys who know what to do when they don’t have the puck.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
i wonder if this means hawks are in at the finish on eichel.

anyway, friedman is going to need to figure out a better vague geographic term. the pnw part is simply not necessary unless it is seattle. unless he's going to join the winterhawks, which would save on jerseys.

my money is on the oilers trying to replace barrie or the kraken trying to land a name. i can see keith being interested to end things with mcdavid.

but we do not need another offensive lhd. and keith never played for the canucks so flames will not be interested.

Bolded :laugh:

I don't see Keith as a Barrie replacement; very different players. Keith excelled at even strength while never being top-notch as a PP guy, his offensive production is in full age-related decline mode and he's LD rather than RD. Would have to be for a different role if he lands in Edmonton.

Reactions: mossey3535

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
a left side consisting of edler, keith, hughes, rathbone and juolevi seems like a recipe for canuck fans to lose their minds.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Seattle, Edmonton or Winnipeg are my top 3 guesses. Keith is like Neidermeyer, his skating is so elite that at 38 years old he's still a good skater compared to other NHLers. He's not worth 5.3, more like 3M, but still a good player and can help you win if he's a #3/4.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
He'd be an absolute luxury option for the Canucks; something the Canucks can't afford due to the cap situation.

I would like it if he came in to mentor guys like Juolevi, Rathbone, Hughes etc, but the Canucks can't afford to do this right now, unfortunately.

I could see him having a similar impact that Sundin did if he was willing to take some younger guys under his wing for a season. Juolevi especially needs it.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Keith + 11th overall pick (or Boqvist) for Eriksson (or Myers) + Virtanen.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Wouldn't surprise me if it's the Canucks. We all know Benning says one thing and does the opposite. Like how you win with guys "26-35". Keith will be 38 and doesn't fit that narrative so it would definitely make sense for "Opposite Jim."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad