Pre-Game Talk: Chicago at Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Soup, I could care less if they lose the game because they're not gonna win it with no datsyuk, no alffie, no franzen, no weiss, no howie

but what they can do is make it damn hard on the hawks to beat us, they still will win, but they wont walk away laughing thinking it was a cake walk

It's ‏an ‏easy ‏win ‏no ‏matter ‏what. ‏They're ‏simply ‏that ‏much ‏better, ‏just ‏like ‏the ‏Blues.

And ‏I ‏thought ‏the ‏whole ‏reason ‏for ‏having ‏Tootoo ‏in ‏there, ‏as ‏you've ‏argued ‏all ‏season, ‏was ‏to ‏win ‏games? ‏What ‏is ‏the ‏point ‏if ‏we ‏aren't ‏winning? ‏We're ‏not ‏throwing ‏anything ‏at ‏Chicago ‏that ‏they ‏can't ‏handle easily ‏‏even ‏with ‏Tootoo ‏in ‏the ‏lineup.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
It's ‏an ‏easy ‏win ‏no ‏matter ‏what. ‏They're ‏simply ‏that ‏much ‏better, ‏just ‏like ‏the ‏Blues.

And ‏I ‏thought ‏the ‏whole ‏reason ‏for ‏having ‏Tootoo ‏in ‏there, ‏as ‏you've ‏argued ‏all ‏season, ‏was ‏to ‏win ‏games? ‏What ‏is ‏the ‏point ‏if ‏we ‏aren't ‏winning? ‏We're ‏not ‏throwing ‏anything ‏at ‏Chicago ‏that ‏they ‏can't ‏handle easily ‏‏even ‏with ‏Tootoo ‏in ‏the ‏lineup.

yes generally against most teams i feel tootoo helps us win, with a fully healthy lineup

now against chicago and with our injuries he wont make us win the game but you know what, neither would alffie if he were to return for the game given who else is missing and i wouldnt advocate against having alffie in their.

no what tootoo does bring over an eaves or cleary is ability to make it harder for the hawks to beat us, not on the scoreboard(as we both agree thats already a lost cause) but in the "trenches" of the game whereby the hawks take a beating to get those points.

i also am advocating for callahan and ferraro to be in the lineup as well and not at the expense of a skilled kid like jurco but at the expense of bums like cleary and sammy and eaves

get the fans up on their feet, got some energy going, make the team closer, give us an identity

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 1m
Per Mike Babcock, #RedWings Jimmy Howard (knee) to be reevaluated in a week. Gustavsson starting against Chicago

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m
Babcock confirms Gustavsson starting tomorrow. He said there is a chance Ericsson could play, not definite.

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
Soup, I could care less if they lose the game because they're not gonna win it with no datsyuk, no alffie, no franzen, no weiss, no howie

but what they can do is make it damn hard on the hawks to beat us, they still will win, but they wont walk away laughing thinking it was a cake walk

Yeah...about that. Know how Hawk fans show up in droves to the game? Theyre going to party before, during and after this one.

Another blowout, domination from start to finish by the Hawks. 4+ to 1.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Babcock said Howard out at least a week, then he'll be re-evaluated. Datsyuk, Franzen still not ready.

Babcock said everyone who played last night is available for tomorrow except for Howard.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I think it's a flat out joke that Babcock still doesn't trust Mrazek to start a game. He would rather go with a guy who's been out for two weeks than a goalie who's come in and played well every time he's been asked to go in? Twice he's come in in the middle of a game with no warmup and still played great. He holds the best team in the NHL to one goal in his only recent start. He still hasn't given up a bad/soft goal this year, every goal has been something 99.99999% of goalies would have also given up imo.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
yea i don't agree with starting gus either. let mrazek start a few games in a row and see what happens. he played great in relief of howard last night

Number 9*

I'm at the throw my hands in the air point. I just don't know good this team can be? I remember them pounding Boston and losing to Winnipeg.

Number 9*

Please don't rush Big E

And funny thing is it's not the defense that is hurting the team! It's the lack of scoring. So unless they plan on putting Big E at forward he's not going to make that big of difference.

Mort Divine

Jun 12, 2012
Fargo, ND
Why? He's gonna go play in the Olympics no matter what. Red Wings are paying him to play for them not his country.

Rush him back and he re-injures himself because he wasn't 100% ready to come back...?

Or keep him out a bit longer to ensure that he is perfectly healthy?

Seems like an easy choice

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
We have to win tomorrow. At least Ericsson is back. Helps the backend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad