Pre-Game Talk: Chicago at Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 11 min
Wings on ice for practice. Howard not practicing. Datsyuk and Alfredsson are back skating. Andersson and Emmerton are not skating.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 4 min
On defense Kronwall and Quincey not skating.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 3s
Zetterberg and Cleary also not skating, but they've been taking a lot if maintenance days lately.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Wings fans calling Chicago "little brother" is essentially what Michigan fans have been doing to State for the past few years.

Why you do dis?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
What in the world is the thread title supposed to mean????????

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Wings fans calling Chicago "little brother" is essentially what Michigan fans have been doing to State for the past few years.

Why you do dis?

I would say Chicago has become the big brother lately given their success and our lack thereof.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
My bad I'm slow today. If it would have been-- Chicago vs Detroit: "The return of little brother" I probably would've been able to piece it together.

But yeah I don't like of thinking of Chicago as our "brother" haha.

Some guys on that team weren't alive for the last time we missed the playoffs. Pshh about time you caught up Chicago ;)

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 18m
Daniel Alfredsson taking part in #RedWings practice for first time in nearly two weeks. Been out 5 games (back spasms).

Somehow it seems like longer than that.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Is 3-1 your standard prediction now?

It just feels like a probable result against these high-end western teams... Tight/even/lucky in the 1st, 0-0 or 1-1... grind game in the 2nd... then opponent score 1 goal in the third and add another one late in the third or an empty netter --> End Result 3-1 loss.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
It just feels like a probable result against these high-end western teams... Tight/even/lucky in the 1st, 0-0 or 1-1... grind game in the 2nd... then opponent score 1 goal in the third and add another one late in the third or an empty netter --> End Result 3-1 loss.

There we go!

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m
Alfredsson as expected won't play tomorrow. Needs some more practice time.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I feel like if we added up all your GDT predictions you would be estimating the wings to go like 10-70-2 over a full season.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
call up tootoo, callahan and ferraro somehow

demote eaves, waive sammy, cleary to the injury list(somehow)

start a 4th line of toots-glendening and callahan and see what happens

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 36s
Gustavsson confirms he is ready to play tomorrow. Hasn't been told yet if he'll start.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
It makes no difference because our opponent is just better. Tootoo can't do anything about that unless he and Callahan manage to pot a bunch of goals.

Soup, I could care less if they lose the game because they're not gonna win it with no datsyuk, no alffie, no franzen, no weiss, no howie

but what they can do is make it damn hard on the hawks to beat us, they still will win, but they wont walk away laughing thinking it was a cake walk

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2m
Kronwall said he's good to go tomorrow, just took another maintenance day.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m
Ericsson said he is playing tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad