Pre-Game Talk: Chicago at Dallas- Thursday Oct. 9 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I have explained many times why the Said Shaw Kane line clicks and why Richards as the 2C for that line of wingers does not click...even though the so-called experts have anointed Richards as a long sought 2C "solution" and some claiming Shaw is no 2C or even a 3C but to them is really best as a 3RW...sure Shaw is no good on draws and still must improve defensively in his own zone..butstill Shaw has speed and tenacity...battles and retrieves puck to keep possessions that Kane and Said can then prolong long shifts of puck possession in the o-zone and then can move into screens and bothering men and goals while Said or Kane then make their moves on net or deflect their shots past goals when they shoot. .he is a glue player that betters either the play with the puck a long time horizontal cycle of Said and Kane. ..or if on the 3rd line causes havoc for Nickel or the RW on such line to crash the net or get off shots from better spots because the men are out of the way trying to keep Shaw from the crease areas..and so Shaw ihas his flaws meeting the usual job description for talent at centre..but he also does what he does well better than the vast majority of NHL centres can..it is a different skill set that can click with wingers. and make lines click whether populated by elite talents.like Saad and Kane or by 3rd line guys doing a different style and talent level..He is a glue player as a centre for wingers. ..enabling them to be more productive..hard work,grit,speed,want...makes up for a lot of faults that allegedly more gifted centres can provide yet somehow fail to make their wonders and line click as often.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Looks like lineup will be:
Sharp Toews Hossa
hustle and flow
Bickell Richards Morin
Carcillo Kruger Smith

Keith Seabrook
Hjalmarsson TVR
The swedes.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Does anybody know how both of the Power Play units will lineup with Leddy out?

Kane half wall
Toews low
Shaw net front
Sharp strong side D
Keith weak side D

Hossa half wall
Saad low
Bickell/Smith net front
Seabrook/Richards at D (not sure which spots)

member 151739

Kane half wall
Toews low
Shaw net front
Sharp strong side D
Keith weak side D

Hossa half wall
Saad low
Bickell/Smith net front
Seabrook/Richards at D (not sure which spots)

I think Richards is on the left side.

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
Hey guys,

I can't help but notice TT was cut. Seems a bit strange, considering his pedigree and performance in the preseason (at least, from my gleaming)

Is he injured or just being seasoned? Is he likely to be the first callup for a skill player injury/poor performance?

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Hey guys,

I can't help but notice TT was cut. Seems a bit strange, considering his pedigree and performance in the preseason (at least, from my gleaming)

Is he injured or just being seasoned? Is he likely to be the first callup for a skill player injury/poor performance?

Cap issues and him obviously being able to be sent down without waivers. Q said today it could be 1 game, 10 games, or the whole year in the A depending on how things go. But mostly the cap and wanting to let him play pro games in NA. Hawks are in a position to let him develop a little. I'd be surprised if he isn't in the playoff lineup

Mad Dog Madison

Oct 2, 2014
Sioux Falls
Hey guys,

Aside from the cap, Teuvo needs a year to both play on North American ice and to put on some weight.

We'll see him from time to time as he's likely to get injury call-up time, but it's better for his own development to spend the year in Rockford. The goal has to be to groom him for the #2C role, which is his to lose when Richards leaves after this year.

member 151739

GDT finished. Will post later tonight.

Sucks having to wait another day for our season to start, but thank God hockey's back.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
GDT finished. Will post later tonight.

LhFUdZU.gif

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 2m2 minutes ago
Sharp-Toews-Hossa, Saad-Shaw-Kane, Bickell-Richards-Morin, Carcillo-Kruger-Smith. Morin and Smith alternating, it appears. #Blackhawks

I might have to retract my earlier "ugh." I'd be interested in seeing Richards with Morin.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I have explained many times why the Said Shaw Kane line clicks and why Richards as the 2C for that line of wingers does not click...even though the so-called experts have anointed Richards as a long sought 2C "solution" and some claiming Shaw is no 2C or even a 3C but to them is really best as a 3RW...sure Shaw is no good on draws and still must improve defensively in his own zone..butstill Shaw has speed and tenacity...battles and retrieves puck to keep possessions that Kane and Said can then prolong long shifts of puck possession in the o-zone and then can move into screens and bothering men and goals while Said or Kane then make their moves on net or deflect their shots past goals when they shoot. .he is a glue player that betters either the play with the puck a long time horizontal cycle of Said and Kane. ..or if on the 3rd line causes havoc for Nickel or the RW on such line to crash the net or get off shots from better spots because the men are out of the way trying to keep Shaw from the crease areas..and so Shaw ihas his flaws meeting the usual job description for talent at centre..but he also does what he does well better than the vast majority of NHL centres can..it is a different skill set that can click with wingers. and make lines click whether populated by elite talents.like Saad and Kane or by 3rd line guys doing a different style and talent level..He is a glue player as a centre for wingers. ..enabling them to be more productive..hard work,grit,speed,want...makes up for a lot of faults that allegedly more gifted centres can provide yet somehow fail to make their wonders and line click as often.

Good post. :handclap:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
This might be one of the better games of the season. Both teams have made changes and have big expectations for the year.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 2m2 minutes ago
Sharp-Toews-Hossa, Saad-Shaw-Kane, Bickell-Richards-Morin, Carcillo-Kruger-Smith. Morin and Smith alternating, it appears. #Blackhawks

I might have to retract my earlier "ugh." I'd be interested in seeing Richards with Morin.

Count me as a fan of those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad