Value of: Chicago 27OA Pick (from NSH)

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Umm, you are using the justification that it was 1st + for Hartman, so therefore it is Hartman + for the same 1st...

I'm not sure if you are attempting (and failing) to imply his value has significantly decreased in the last 2 months, or if you just think that whatever asset Chicago holds will implicitly have more value.
lol ok, move along. you can talk to a wall elsewhere if you want to keep pounding the pavement that hartman for a 1st straight up is the right value.

Nashville got gouged on that trade and now no going back

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
I'd do Nashville's pick for Sam Bennett. I catch quite a few Flames games, and I think he's been horribly mismanaged. They want him to be way too defensively responsible. That kid is meant for a winger role with the green-light to leave early. He's so good in transition, and his vision has improved a lot since he was first drafted. He needs a change of scenery, and to me, that's exactly the type of player you let a late 1st go for. We have 2 after all.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'd do Nashville's pick for Sam Bennett. I catch quite a few Flames games, and I think he's been horribly mismanaged. They want him to be way too defensively responsible. That kid is meant for a winger role with the green-light to leave early. He's so good in transition, and his vision has improved a lot since he was first drafted. He needs a change of scenery, and to me, that's exactly the type of player you let a late 1st go for. We have 2 after all.
I also would do that move, and hope it turns out better than Duclair.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Honestly, I wouldn't give up Bennett unless we were getting a pick in the 15-20 range or a rhs forward was coming back (around Bennett's age), the 27th OA doesn't interests me in a 1-1 swap, and to the poster who brought up his points, his first season he was in a top 6 role and had above 30 points, the rest after that he's been stapled to a 3rd line role with plugs like Brouwer, Versteeg, Stajan, Glass and Jankowski (I think Shore and Stewart both had time on the 3rd line too) while he's playing in a 3rd line role he has been told to work on his all around game, and i can say he looks better defensively and has intangibles of being a pest and getting under players skin, just because he's not scoring in a defensive role, doesn't mean he can't score points.

Yeah, we agree that he may be worth more than pick #27. But the difference in value between 15-20 and 27 is miniscule, agreed? So the question becomes; are the Flames sour on Bennett and looking to move on and how desperate are they to aquiring a 2018 1st round pick?

I personally would add Duclair to the pick as a sweetener, even though he has minimal value. He is also, like Bennett, a bit of a mystery box at this juncture, but can play in the league at least. I find it hard to believe they will get a better offer at this point, IF they're ready to move on from Sam Bennett.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Yeah, we agree that he may be worth more than pick #27. But the difference in value between 15-20 and 27 is miniscule, agreed? So the question becomes; are the Flames sour on Bennett and looking to move on and how desperate are they to aquiring a 2018 1st round pick?

I personally would add Duclair to the pick as a sweetener, even though he has minimal value. He is also, like Bennett, a bit of a mystery box at this juncture, but can play in the league at least. I find it hard to believe they will get a better offer at this point, IF they're ready to move on from Sam Bennett.

So you're saying you agree he's worth more than 27th and are willing to add Duclair? I recall watching Canada (Juniors) play and Duclair was a decent player in the tournament, when I heard AZ was listening to offers I did hope GMBT would take a gamble (would rather have him over Lazar honestly/that trade was terrible for us) so I'll give you an honest answer here, i haven't watched Duclair much in the NHL and I'm one of the Flames fans who would listen to a Bennett trade (not saying i soures on him, but he should of been playing RW on one of the top two lines) his development was mismanaged (brought into the league as a 2nd line LW and did well there and then gets dropped to a 3rd line role were he had to create the offense alone/Jankowski and him where a decent pair but then they went cold) I wanted lines of Johnny-Money-Ferland/Versteeg
Chucky-Backlund-Bennett/Verst
Ferland/Bennett-Jankowski-Frolik

That would of created 3 relative scoring lines and defensively aware, (Versteeg/1st, Bennett/2nd and Ferland/3rd lines) with a 4th line of Hathaway/Stajan/Brouwer/prospects to begin last reg season, Brodie/Stone and Kulak/Hamonic would of been better for Kulak and make 2 even bottom pairs with the exceptional top pair. But i would accept the deal and I'd be hopeful that Duclair/Jankowski mesh great of Duclair can play good enough to be on the top line like Ferland did (scored 21 goals if im correct?)

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL

I don't think the difference in Bennett's value and Nashville's pick merits Duclair going back the other way. Duclair has all the tools you need in today's NHL, and I want to see more of him, preferably under a new coach. The value might be about right, but we shouldn't be selling low on Duclair. I'd much rather add a mid-round pick, which I think is a fair trade. Can't see why the Flames would want to trade for another LHS winger anyways.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I don't think the difference in Bennett's value and Nashville's pick merits Duclair going back the other way. Duclair has all the tools you need in today's NHL, and I want to see more of him, preferably under a new coach. The value might be about right, but we shouldn't be selling low on Duclair. I'd much rather add a mid-round pick, which I think is a fair trade. Can't see why the Flames would want to trade for another LHS winger anyways.

Well I was thinking he was overpaying, which with most Flames fans will want if we moved him, his best season was when he was in the top 6, just drafting Chucky made him move down in the lineup, I'd be willing to add to Bennett for Duclair + 27th OA but it'd depend on what you/hawks fans would want added

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad