Value of: Chicago 27OA Pick (from NSH)

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Now official Chicago will get the 27th OA pick from Nashville as a part of the Ryan Hartman trade.

Obviously a bottom 5 pick in 1st round, but several teams have stated they want to move back into the first round if they didn't have a first this year.

What's the value of the 27OA to other teams?

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Arizona’s 1st and 3rd for Chicago’s 1st and Nashville’s 1st.

A little steep to move up 3 spots unless they are absolutely in love with whoever is left at 5OA. While they would move up 3 spots from their top pick, they would move back 40 spots from their second 1st round pick which isn't worth it IMO

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I could see this happening if Bowman is high on Hughes. Fair deal IMO.

I'd also be okay with this deal. We basically lose Hartman for a month and a half, and gain Victor Ejdsell for free.

Quenneville clearly isn't a fan. Not worth keeping him then as long as is behind the bench

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Quenneville clearly isn't a fan. Not worth keeping him then as long as is behind the bench
f*** Q. He's lucky he still has a job. Hartman's not coming back, so this is all just hypothetical, but the time for Q to be picky has long passed. He should either play the guys Bowman gets him, or start packing.

I'm tired of the games with him.

Reactions: LavalPhantom

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
**** Q. He's lucky he still has a job. Hartman's not coming back, so this is all just hypothetical, but the time for Q to be picky has long passed. He should either play the guys Bowman gets him, or start packing.

I'm tired of the games with him.
Don't disagree. Qs stubborness likely cost Chicago a three peat of cups. That 2014 series vs LAK was so badly mismanaged for the first 4 games they could have ended it earlier, but Q was stuck to old man handzus as 2C for too long before they were facing elimination and he finally buried him in the lineup

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Arizona’s 1st and 3rd for Chicago’s 1st and Nashville’s 1st.

You're being unnecessarily "fair" given the typical draft pick chart ratings. I'd switch the AZ 3rd out for a 4th or 5th, however Arizona doesn't have either of those picks. So at a minimum I'd swap the AZ 3rd for the Calgary 3rd that Arizona holds from the Smith trade.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I can see the Habs being interested in either moving down, (8th+27th+ for the 3rd) or moving up (two 2nds) if there's someone they really like.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Sam Bennett for the pick, straight up. If it's traded it will be for a player who can contribute immediately.
Would rather keep the pick or use it in combination with something else for a better player.

Wasting it to get Bennett, who seems like a bust at this point, would be foolish . We don't need to be giving up 1st picks at any draft slots for guys who didn't crack 15 goals or 30 points in either of the last two seasons

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Would rather keep the pick or use it in combination with something else for a better player.

Wasting it to get Bennett, who seems like a bust at this point, would be foolish . We don't need to be giving up 1st picks at any draft slots for guys who didn't crack 15 goals or 30 points in either of the last two seasons

Respectfully disagree, I see a good opportunity to buy low on a recent top pick who needs a change of scenery but has obvious talent. We need players to contribute quickly to this roster, while our championship window might still be open.

Bennett is worth the gamble in my mind, instead of waiting 2-4 years for whoever we would pick likely being able to contribute.

But sure, if we can for example package the pick with AA for a legit top 4, I'd be open to that. But we won't get anyone better than a reclamation project like Bennett for the pick alone.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Maybe you forgot he returned a lot more than just the 1st so... Newp

The point was you need to add to Hartman to get the 27OA

Umm, you are using the justification that it was 1st + for Hartman, so therefore it is Hartman + for the same 1st...

I'm not sure if you are attempting (and failing) to imply his value has significantly decreased in the last 2 months, or if you just think that whatever asset Chicago holds will implicitly have more value.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Sam Bennett for the pick, straight up. If it's traded it will be for a player who can contribute immediately.

Honestly, I wouldn't give up Bennett unless we were getting a pick in the 15-20 range or a rhs forward was coming back (around Bennett's age), the 27th OA doesn't interests me in a 1-1 swap, and to the poster who brought up his points, his first season he was in a top 6 role and had above 30 points, the rest after that he's been stapled to a 3rd line role with plugs like Brouwer, Versteeg, Stajan, Glass and Jankowski (I think Shore and Stewart both had time on the 3rd line too) while he's playing in a 3rd line role he has been told to work on his all around game, and i can say he looks better defensively and has intangibles of being a pest and getting under players skin, just because he's not scoring in a defensive role, doesn't mean he can't score points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad