Speculation: Chicago 1st round pick

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Zuccarello at $2.25 for a year is very nice deal from Hawks POV and I would do it for Predators 1st but it kind of doesnt make sense if we dont win the lottery. Our forward group is not the problem, at all.

If we win the lottery aka we win Dahlin: Preds 1st and Anisimov for Zuccarello at 50% retained and we go after Carlson and compete heavily next season.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
I'd do like Ceci and Pittsburgh 1st (could be 20th overall but could also be 31 again) for 8th. As long as you're not gonna give him top pairing minutes, he can be a pretty good 3/4 but don't expect much more. Has all the tools to be much better but only shows flashes. Maybe Coach Q brings out his potential but Boucher definitely isn't.
I like Ceci, but I wouldn’t downgrade from 8th to the late 1st for him. I might give up the Preds 1st for him, if we couldn’t use it in a package for a higher end guy.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Chicago would be doing themselves a disservice sending that pick away. They're going to need some good, cost controlled players the next few years.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I would be shocked if Chicago trades their high first ... it would have to be for a young stud one to two years ahead of the player they would have picked.

Tifosi

Feb 6, 2006
Bowman did say if he move the pick, it would be for someone under 23-24 and is NHL ready.

I suspect he move the NSH 1st more likely.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Our own 1st isn't going anywhere, short of for a spectacular trade proposal. Would look to move AA + NAS 1st for a top 4 D.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I don’t get why Chicago would move the pick. There’s a wealth of young D around where they’re picking and that’s what they need most. One of Hughes, Bouchard, Dobson, or Smith is just what the doctor ordered.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I don't see the Hawks moving the pick, they are getting old quickly and can find a D at that spot. The much bigger question is in net? Does anyone know what is up with Crow?

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
There is a thread on the second page about the Flyers trading up and in it one Chi fan suggested something around Simmonds, our firsts and possibly a Dman for the Chi first. That got me wondering, how would you guys feel about a deal involving Simmonds and Seabrook and other pieces? Would something like this interst you?

Phi - Simmonds + the better of our firsts (15 - 17) + Hagg/Gudas
Chi - Seabrook + 1st

This would assume Simmonds would extend with you, you want to ditch Seabrook, and you need a #4 defensive Dman in Hagg or Gudas. Would this interest Chi fans?

One thing though, I know Seabrooks contract is supposedly bad, what's his cap hit, for how many more years and how bad has his play deteriorated? Thanks

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
There is a thread on the second page about the Flyers trading up and in it one Chi fan suggested something around Simmonds, our firsts and possibly a Dman for the Chi first. That got me wondering, how would you guys feel about a deal involving Simmonds and Seabrook and other pieces? Would something like this interst you?

Phi - Simmonds + the better of our firsts (15 - 17) + Hagg/Gudas
Chi - Seabrook + 1st

This would assume Simmonds would extend with you, you want to ditch Seabrook, and you need a #4 defensive Dman in Hagg or Gudas. Would this interest Chi fans?

One thing though, I know Seabrooks contract is supposedly bad, what's his cap hit, for how many more years and how bad has his play deteriorated? Thanks

Lmfao, the Flyers want NOTHING to do with Seabrooks contract. He has SIX years left at $6.875 million and his play has deteriorated to that of a bottom-pairing defensemen. Nor do they need him. Provorov, Ghost, and Sanheim are already here and Myers and Morin should be arriving next season.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
They are at the point now where they are in the pre-rebuild state. If they want they can try and stay competitive for a few more seasons but they have to many holes to really do too much without more godly luck. Either way they should really avoid moving high end picks with were they are at as it will greatly slow down the eventual rebuild for little gain. That pick could really pad their org depth and shorten the difficult years.

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
With the news of Quenneville returning to Chicago, it got me thinking about if the Hawks would be willing to move their current pick (slotted 8th) for some immediate help. IMO, bringing back Quenneville signifies that the Hawks are considering this a down year - and it’s certainly possible that it was.

What are Chicago’s needs? I’d assume defense and goalie (particularly with Crawford’s issues).
De hann, pelech and ho sang

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Lmfao, the Flyers want NOTHING to do with Seabrooks contract. He has SIX years left at $6.875 million and his play has deteriorated to that of a bottom-pairing defensemen. Nor do they need him. Provorov, Ghost, and Sanheim are already here and Myers and Morin should be arriving next season.

Okay, fair enough, you are right, we don't want anything to do with his contract but I was thinking of flipping him later.

Maybe a revised 3 team trade? Vancouver has a ton of cap space and have been reported to be willing to take on cap dumps for assets. How about something like this?

To Chi - Simmonds + Gudas/Hagg + Phi 1st (19th right now)
To Phi - Seabrook (1.5 mil retained) + Chi 1st + Chi 2nd

Then to Vanc - Seabrook (an additional 1.5 mil retained by Phi so he's at just under 4 mil for them) + Phi 2nd + Chi 2nd + "B" level prospect
To Phi - "B" level prospect

Chi moves the 7th oa pick, their 2nd (38th oa) and get out from under Seabrook, they get Simmonds (and now the cap space to resign him) and a defensive #4 Dman (Gudas or Hagg)
Vanc gets Seabrook at under 4 mil per, the #38 pick, the #50 pick and a swap of "B" level prospects
Flyers get the #7oa pick at the cost of Simmonds, Gudas/Hagg, the #19 pick, the #50 pick and carrying 1.5 mil of dead cap for 6 years

Does that sound like something each team would feel good about?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
This'll probably get flamed, and I doubt CHI trades the pick anyways, but if it were available, I'd do Nyquist + VGK 1st + DET 2nd for #8. If it goes to 10 or 11, drop the 2nd.

Or AA + VGK 1st for #8.

Chicago probably wouldn't though, lol. AA and Kane on the wings of a decent center is ugly though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad