LeBrun: Chiarot likely to be dealt and return a 1st round pick

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
According to Holland the answer to Edmonton’s woes is in the room. So that goaltending and defence is totally up to snuff. Just add Kane to the mix and presto change-o. Stanley cup

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
According to Holland the answer to Edmonton’s woes is in the room. So that goaltending and defence is totally up to snuff. Just add Kane to the mix and presto change-o. Stanley cup
He was giving GM speak

He also pointed out how few trades are happening right now. So the trade deadline likely opens up options for the Oilers. I want Chiarot too btw

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
He was giving GM speak

He also pointed out how few trades are happening right now. So the trade deadline likely opens up options for the Oilers. I want Chiarot too btw
If Edmonton’s top prospects and 1st are off the table then I can’t imagine what Edmonton has to offer. Their 2nd and 3rd in this years draft have conditions on them so they can’t be included. Gorton is going to want value now. Not 2-3 years from now.

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
A player like Chiarot makes your defense instantly better. He's what you need for a deep playoff run. He'll fetch a first from some team not named the Oilers. Teams have paid more in the past for less.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
A player like Chiarot makes your defense instantly better. He's what you need for a deep playoff run. He'll fetch a first from some team not named the Oilers. Teams have paid more in the past for less.
Good for Habs if it does.. Holland would be justified for not burning the 1st on someone like Chiarot

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
Chariot will be traded for a late 1st + easy

nasty, fast for is seize , cheap (at 50%) , can log a lot of minutes in the top 4…

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Now, a month later... start quoting those posts? :sarcasm:

I don't get what you're trying to prove here ?

There was another thread where people said Habs would get lucky to get a 2nd, then Lebrun came out and said he likely fetches a 1st.

Since then, Chiarot has played like 2 games because of covid/posponed games. Nothing suggests that his value has changed since then ?

Maybe quote me after he gets traded if it's not for a first.

Here's the thread I was talking about :

Value of: - Ben Chiarot

3rd post says a 3rd

And for the record I personally thought hed get nothing more than a 2nd. This is just based off what Lebrun said.

Reactions: Stubu

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He was giving GM speak

If you are a buyers, you don't advertise yourself as a buyer. Buyers usually come to play close to the deadline or on deadline day. Last thing buyers wants is a sellers market but they usually can't help themselves cause it's who makes the 1st move on a their target

I think sign/trade with Chiarot would be a good move if you do trade the 1st. Try to extend him for 3 years at what? $4M max? I'm guessing Chiarot will value a cup run vs trying maximize his earnings?

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Chiarot will fetch a low first

Teams who are legitimate cup contenders don't care about picks that have low chances of becoming an NHL regular and even less chances of becoming an impact player.

When you're in a win now window, you weight the benefits/disadvantages of trading your 1st and realize you have to seize the moment when it's there in the NHL

Just like J Brisebois did the last two years.

Chiarot is exactly the type of player to complement a talented team in the playoff.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
5 teams have already traded their 1 st round picks.
- Florida, Vegas, Carolina and Colorado …. The four top favourites have already made their move.
At most I see 4-5 other teams parting with a first round pick.

I do not see Chairot in the top 4-5 players available to be moved at the deadline.

- Gio….Seattle
-Pav…Dallas
- Lindholm and Manson /Getzlaf
- Copp Winnipeg
-Hertl

plus 5 more b4 Chairot

edit ….Giroux, Fleury, Gaudreau,

Last edited:
Reactions: Stubu

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Bergevin quotes from the past:
"Answers are in the room"
"Trades are hard"
"Anything can happen in the playoffs"

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
He is exactly the type of defenceman that Florida needs for a deep run to complement their smallish fast skating puck moving defenders, but I'm afraid St louis or maybe even Tampa will get him in the end...

Reactions: BozoTheClown

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
He's better than Savard who somehow got a first. I'd be disappointed if he doesn't return at least a 1st. Hopefully for Habs sake this ends up being the Rivet trade 2.0.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I don't get what you're trying to prove here ?

There was another thread where people said Habs would get lucky to get a 2nd, then Lebrun came out and said he likely fetches a 1st.

Since then, Chiarot has played like 2 games because of covid/posponed games. Nothing suggests that his value has changed since then ?

Maybe quote me after he gets traded if it's not for a first.

Here's the thread I was talking about :

Value of: - Ben Chiarot

3rd post says a 3rd

And for the record I personally thought hed get nothing more than a 2nd. This is just based off what Lebrun said.

I like Chiarot. My post wasn't so deadly serious but amusingly, it still stands.

Proving anything would be a different endeavour altogether.

Reactions: HabsQC

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
5 teams have already traded their 1 st round picks.
- Florida, Vegas, Carolina and Colorado …. The four top favourites have already made their move.
At most I see 4-5 other teams parting with a first round pick.

I do not see Chairot in the top 4-5 players available to be moved at the deadline.

- Gio….Seattle
-Pav…Dallas
- Lindholm and Manson /Getzlaf
- Copp Winnipeg
-Hertl

plus 5 more b4 Chairot

edit ….Giroux, Fleury, Gaudreau,
Well first we need to see if some of the teams are looking strictly for D and if so you can knock off anyone that isn't D.
That leaves us with Lindholm and Manson Geo and Chairot.
Now it comes down to what type of D-man a team is looking for and price and cap hit.
Since the Habs are willing to retain 50% I see him as 1 of the top D-man available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad