• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think Chia is easily the worst GM in the NHL. But I can’t say he’s the worst of all time because he won a Cup. Diminish it as much as you want but that clearly puts him above Milbury.
The job he’s done in Edmonton has just been terrible though. If we were just looking at his tenure in Edmonton then I think he’d be the worst ever. As bad as Mulbury was he never had McDavid on his team.

Bingo. Chia has been a total disaster since the day he traded Seguin. Before that he built a great team and has a ring to show for it... and could have two if not for Bergeron and Chara getting hurt and Seguin and Jagr combining for 1 goal all playoffs. The Kessel trade was lucky, but the Horton, Seidenberg and Boychuk moves were great.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Dorion at least knows how to draft.

Yes, that ability should come in handy with the great pick we're gonna get this year and...oh...wait...

But ya I think Dorion has more redeeming qualities in that he may be useful to an org. in a non-GM role. Chiarelli just seems out of his depth with hockey in 2018.

member 157595

Dorion is terrible but it remains to be seen how much of his actions are his own doing as opposed to his boss's doing.

Chiarelli very likely has much more autonomy than Dorion does and is not inhibited by fiscal constraints, yet his asset management is asinine at best and dreadful at worst. The Oilers are much more of a mess now than before he started.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Dorion seems more like a puppet that justifies decisions he doesn't actually believe in. You see a lot of those individuals around Donald Trump as well.

Chiarelli has no such excuses. He's incompetent in the modern NHL despite having a generational star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad