News Article: Chiarelli: No intentions of firing McLellan

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This org is a joke. Katz too busy trying to make friends to do anything, tmac too busy defending his atrocious assistant coaches, and chias sitting on his hands in the third “Evaluation” year of McDavids elc.

If I had any sort of willpower I’d stop watching this joke of a team. Too bad I’m all talk, just like this org.

Chia managed to assuage his way through his meeting with the OEG brass on Monday obviously. It's like when you go in for a performance review with your boss and you know you performed like crap, but manage to BS your way to a second chance.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
All I'm saying is if it's allowed to get to that point, we should be incredibly worried.

Well, if you are going to lose sleep worrying about it at night, then have at 'er. I don't believe it will happen.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Well, if you are going to lose sleep worrying about it at night, then have at 'er. I don't believe it will happen.

Not sure why you're trying to paint me as some fear monger though. I've been pretty balanced with my views about the team and about the management up until fairly recently, when it became pretty obvious that some change was needed.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Chia managed to assuage his way through his meeting with the OEG brass on Monday obviously. It's like when you go in for a performance review with your boss and you know you performed like crap, but manage to BS your way to a second chance.
Except there’s no danger of actually losing your job because your boss just wants everyone to be friends with everyone and doesn’t believe in accountability.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Not sure why you're trying to paint me as some fear monger though. I've been pretty balanced with my views about the team and about the management up until fairly recently, when it became pretty obvious that some change was needed.

Not painting you anything at all. You are the one telling people they "should be very worried." Take from that as you will.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not painting you anything at all. You are the one telling people they "should be very worried." Take from that as you will.

It was a general statement. No need to make a sarcastic insinuation about me losing sleep about it at night. That's painting. ;)

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
It was a general statement. No need to make a sarcastic insinuation about me losing sleep about it at night. That's painting. ;)

You might want to lose the silly PC sensitivity act. You're using statements like "incredibly worried", and "we should be very worried". And I disagreed. Don't worry, be happy.;)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
You might want to lose the silly PC sensitivity act. You're using statements like "incredibly worried", and "we should be very worried". And I disagreed. Don't worry, be happy.;)

Well, you're going on in the other thread about people being smug about the Oilers losing. That does heighten my sensitivity if I think (and I did, maybe I'm wrong though) that you're trying to paint me in that same brush.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
The sky isn't falling.

Ya know I'd feel a lot better about this season if there was cavalry coming somewhere, but the pipeline is dry and there's no space to make any significnat additions this offseason so it's ride or die with this group for at least another year. Hard to feel good about that.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Osterle climbing the ranks in Chicago. Maybe we are good at developing players after all :)

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Ya know I'd feel a lot better about this season if there was cavalry coming somewhere, but the pipeline is dry and there's no space to make any significnat additions this offseason so it's ride or die with this group for at least another year. Hard to feel good about that.

I don't feel good about it by any means, but you are right, there is nothing coming the rest of this season. The players either get it done or they don't.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Osterle climbing the ranks in Chicago. Maybe we are good at developing players after all :)

We have been the pipeline for the rest of the league for years now, just not for ourselves

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
RNH for Seabrook sounds like a Chia type of move. He honestly needs someone to check his trades before going through with them

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
So Stauffer did his coy little "Hmm..." thing after mentioning that Seabrook was a healthy scratch tonight.

Ugh...it's like when you step on a rake and you can see the handle flying up on its way to smack you square in the face, and you can't do anything about it except brace for impact. :ha:

Reactions: McDrai

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
So Stauffer did his coy little "Hmm..." thing after mentioning that Seabrook was a healthy scratch tonight.

Ugh...it's like when you step on a rake and you can see the handle flying up on its way to smack you square in the face, and you can't do anything about it except brace for impact. :ha:

If that happens I think that would be it for me as a fan.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

To be honest if I had to handicap it:

To MTL:

Seabrook
Strome

To CHI:

Petry
Benning or Caggiula

To EDM:

Hinostrosza
Morrow

Just seems like something each GM is known for.

Bergevin: trading the under appreciated player for the overpaid declining star name

Bowman: making the smart acquisition on underperforming players who can bounce back

Chia: making one smart acquisition and one completely bewildering "bank on complete luck" acquisition, all while losing a small but not insignificant amount of asset value

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad