Confirmed with Link: Chiarelli Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

TY

Jul 26, 2014
Seguin trade was great for the Bruins. Points aren't everything.

Also, firing a 96 point GM during the run this team has been on over the past several years. Way to go reactionary idiots.

Please explain how it was great for us?

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Not a fan of the move. Jeremy Jacobs opened his trap and had to do something. He painted himself into a corner. It was a piss poor season but the track record on Chia is very good - can we really upgrade at the GM spot?

qc

Aug 23, 2011
tumblr_m3jp5eT0bs1r0ckzpo5_250.gif

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
I don't like this. Perhaps this is because I still remember the horrible team before he took over in 2006. You cannot deny that this guy brought the Bruins from the cellar to the top and to sustained success. Yet, after missing the playoffs by 1 point, he is immediately fired.

I know many here will celebrate - I would advise to wait until we know who replaces him. I hope not someone who will want to blow the team up.

Anyway, thank you Peter for giving us a few great years!

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
So do we think Clode is next??

I wouldn't be entirely opposed to keeping Clode on, at least to start the year. I'm not sure we need a complete overhaul

I would think Clode is next, depending on the next GM. If Gorton comes in, Clode stays. If someone else comes in, he may want to pick his own coach.

Comes down to the season sucking. You can't fire the players so Chiarelli takes the hit. Wonder where he goes to.

Duguay

Stay at home Forward
Mar 5, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Owe him a debt of credit for helping bring the Cup back to Boston.

To be honest, in his short time here, Jeff Gorton did as much or more, and I'd like to see him back.

Chiarelli had a horrible start, re-adjusted and was untouchable for a couple of years, and then Cap mis-management and the Seguin trade buried him.

GM's must be very, very careful trading elite high first round picks. The are rare assets. And they come once a decade usually. With proper management, the Seguin affair may have been handled better and this team may be competing for the Stanley Cup right now.

You have to ....manage.

TY

Jul 26, 2014
Don't think it was all the Seguin move, because plenty of others in the organization also signed off and agreed with that move.

I agree it was a combination of things, but even if others signed off you'd have to believe that he took most of the fall for it.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I'm sure tons of people will be happy, but I am not. Brought us a cup, cup appearance and presidents trophy. Thought he deserved at least one more year to prove this year was a fluke.

Oh well, who replaces him? In house?

qc

Aug 23, 2011
He did a lot of great things for us, but he went downhill FAST over the past 2 or so seasons. Winning a cup doesn't = lifetime job security. Could this backfire, resulting in us getting a worse GM? Maybe, but keeping this guy around would've been idiotic.

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011
Ranger fan here in peace.

Jeff Gorton makes all the sense in the world for you guys, but I am hoping I am wrong. He has been huge in turning Rangers player development around. You guys see him as a legit candidate?

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I don't like this. Perhaps this is because I still remember the horrible team before he took over in 2006. You cannot deny that this guy brought to Bruins from the cellar to the top and to sustained success. Yet, after missing the playoffs by 1 point, he is immediately fired.

I know many here will celebrate - I would advise to wait until we know who replaces him. I hope not someone who will want to blow the team up.

Anyway, thank you Peter for giving us a few great years!

You could argue that MOC brought the Bruins back with his drafting and signing Timmmah, while Chia tweaked a few things.

Nothing wrong with bringing in someone else.

We've lost too much talent the past few years.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Ranger fan here in peace.

Jeff Gorton makes all the sense in the world for you guys, but I am hoping I am wrong. He has been huge in turning Rangers player development around. You guys see him as a legit candidate?

He's not a candidate, he is the next GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad