Chiarelli Failed This Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
While Chia's off season has been a big part of the problem, it's not the only problem.

The first line is a mess right now and not having one is really stinging. I don't even know what's going on with the 4th right now.

But there are two lines that are healthy and intact from last year: the second and the third. And 2 goals in 4 games is just not good enough from either line.

With the rotating rookie RWs and Lucic's injury, the first line has an excuse why it has been useless out there. Unless Eriksson ends up working out there that's an issue Chiarelli needs to fix. The lack of a player there is extremely obvious.

But the 2nd and 3rd line don't have an excuse. Same linemates they had last year, everyone is healthy. They just have to step up. I don't care what line they are technically. Yes they've looked "good" but they haven't made enough chances count. Right now we don't have a first line so that makes them our top lines. They have to contribute consistently. Oor second line has been 1b and a line with Soderberg/Eriksson shouldn't be looked at as just a third line nor should their expected contributions be lowered.

And Boychuk and Iginla are not the reason we're turning the puck over like crazy, costly giveaways and our frantic passes to nowhere. Whoever said this team looks like one that has never played with each other was dead on. But that's only true for some players.

Some of this is Chiarelli's fault and some of this is guys playing really crappy hockey. I don't think we're getting help any time soon so in the meantime they'd better work hard at cleaning up what they can in their game and our good players need to step it up.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I honestly don't think the Bruins are "that bad" , but I do think a load of teams have closed the gap...

Look at the "play-off picture" ...

I could see Montreal, Tampa, Rangers, Flyers, Caps and Penguins all being able to knock us out of the play-offs round one...The past five years or so, I never felt remotely worried about round 1. To me, that tells me the gap is a lot closer then it was.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I honestly don't think the Bruins are "that bad" , but I do think a load of teams have closed the gap...

I could see Montreal, Tampa, Rangers, Flyers, Caps and Penguins all being able to knock us out of the play-offs round one...The past five years or so, I never felt remotely worried about round 1. To me, that tells me the gap is a lot closer then it was.
to be honest, I think the Bruins might have trouble making the playoffs with the play of the Capitals, Islanders and Devils. If the struggles continue, which I think they will, it will be tough to climb back into the race. Tampa, Montreal, Pittsburgh, Rangers, Isles, Caps, Blue Jackets, Red wings, heck the Leafs...all these teams have chances. Bruins need to pull their socks up...but I don't think its just on the players. Julien needs to pull up his socks, Chiarelli really needs to make some significant moves and Neely needs to hold them all accountable.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Chiarelli has failed the last 2 off-seasons and both could be our rapid demise to mediocrity. He traded away a superstar for essentially nothing, and then he mis-managed the cap which cost us a top 4 D and a 30 goal scorer... those are BIG F-ups..

It effects the locker room, the culture, the roster, and ultimately the faith in the organization.. which equals losing.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Chiarelli has failed the last 2 off-seasons and both could be our rapid demise to mediocrity. He traded away a superstar for essentially nothing, and then he mis-managed the cap which cost us a top 4 D and a 30 goal scorer... those are BIG F-ups..

It effects the locker room, the culture, the roster, and ultimately the faith in the organization.. which equals losing.

Iggy probably stays if we find him a 3 year 12 mil deal.

Too many big contracts to pull it off though.

The bottom line is we have put everything into Chara and Seidenberg. The rest of our D are shaky. Those 2nd round picks probably won't be traded for a difference maker or used to draft one. Brutal trade on Boychuk he is showing that he was life after Chara and we gave him away while Hamilton deserves to be our #7 again.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Hamilton should take a seat over Bart/Miller/McQ?

Come on, mannnnnnn

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
What's funny is if you take all the guys the Bruins have dumped in the last few years, you can assemble one of the best first lines in hockey. (Admittedly, getting rid of Wheeler wasn't that bad. It brought in pieces that were big in getting them to the cup.)

How dirty would a Kessel/Seguin/Wheeler line be? I mean, little to no defense, but damn that would be fun to watch. I still understand why Chia moved Seguin, but man does the return look ugly now. I'm convinced Dallas sent a decoy of Loui over and they still have the real one in their lineup somewhere.

PC is def not looking as untouchable as he did a couple years ago. I say this as a big Chia apologist too.

gravybutt

May 16, 2014
We keep hearing how this is part of a bigger deal, wether it be rumor or not, we keep hearing it.

What exactly do you plan to get/trade in our current situation that we didnt already trade away in the past?!

Im kind of dumbfounded by the whole ordeal. I mean, I understand the Iggy and Boychuk thing, I really do from a business perspective. But cmon man, what exactly do you plan on getting for the likes of caron, bart, and some draft picks?! Your not going to pick anyone up thats going to light a spark for the offense like Iggy did.

Maybe im wrong though, and its just my brain damage doing the talking.

member 96824

What's funny is if you take all the guys the Bruins have dumped in the last few years, you can assemble one of the best first lines in hockey. (Admittedly, getting rid of Wheeler wasn't that bad. It brought in pieces that were big in getting them to the cup.)

How dirty would a Kessel/Seguin/Wheeler line be? I mean, little to no defense, but damn that would be fun to watch. I still understand why Chia moved Seguin, but man does the return look ugly now. I'm convinced Dallas sent a decoy of Loui over and they still have the real one in their lineup somewhere.

PC is def not looking as untouchable as he did a couple years ago. I say this as a big Chia apologist too.

One small issue with that one

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Let me dream, dammit.

It's more showing how much the Bruins got rid of, not how they came into possession of those players. Obviously Seguin would be in Toronto if Kessel was never dealt.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Let me dream, dammit.

It's more showing how much the Bruins got rid of, not how they came into possession of those players. Obviously Seguin would be in Toronto if Kessel was never dealt.

I still wonder how the playoffs would have panned out had they not dealt Kessel. Dude is a big time playoff performer no question about it.

member 96824

haha I know...that line would seriously send any defense into havoc.

member 96824

I still wonder how the playoffs would have panned out had they not dealt Kessel. Dude is a big time playoff performer no question about it.

Just by the butterfly effect, we'd still have Savvy :(

Well...maybe not still have him, but he'd still be playing somewhere:cry:

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
We keep hearing how this is part of a bigger deal, wether it be rumor or not, we keep hearing it.

What exactly do you plan to get/trade in our current situation that we didnt already trade away in the past?!

Im kind of dumbfounded by the whole ordeal. I mean, I understand the Iggy and Boychuk thing, I really do from a business perspective. But cmon man, what exactly do you plan on getting for the likes of caron, bart, and some draft picks?! Your not going to pick anyone up thats going to light a spark for the offense like Iggy did.

Maybe im wrong though, and its just my brain damage doing the talking.

The rumors out of the front office have been smoke screens at best.
The B's were gonna sign Jeremy Roenick, then Mike Modano.
The throw some name out there to appease the masses, then when nothing
happens they say that the cost was too high or blah blah.

I don't believe the team is as bad as they seem.
I do thing the Boychuk trade affected the attitude/outlook of the team in a
very negative manner.

gravybutt

May 16, 2014
I don't believe the team is as bad as they seem.
I do thing the Boychuk trade affected the attitude/outlook of the team in a
very negative manner.

That I will agree on. We have the foundation, just no plan of execution. I feel once they get a big offensive game done, stuff will start to click.

member 96824

If Chia gave us half of what Bob Murray gave the Ducks we'd be leading the division by now

:naughty:

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Boychuk has 5 of his 6 points on the PP, and is averaging 3:29 of PP TOI per game. The B's don't get that much in a game :)laugh:), but even if he was here, his role (gunner) is filled by Chara.

Last year, Boychuk averaged :18 sec of PP time a game.

Clode clode clode

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Congrats tyler for hat trick, wish you a 40-50 goals season...show to the world how clode is stupid and Chia made one of worst move in nhl history

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Let me dream, dammit.

And never toronto would be stupid enought to trade him At 21 ....and their coach would made of him a super star....and ask to trade him

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya

I think about it this way, Bruins made he finals in 2013 with Seidenberg playing on one leg, Bergeron all messed up, Horton with a bum shoulder etc. If Seidenberg, Bergeron, Krejci, etc have an injury now, we are sunk.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
In 20 years , everybody who will see the picture of chia will not remember his name but remember he is the guy who traded seguin for garbage )))))

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Congrats tyler for hat trick, wish you a 40-50 goals season...show to the world how clode is stupid and Chia made one of worst move in nhl history

And never toronto would be stupid enought to trade him At 21 ....and their coach would made of him a super star....and ask to trade him

In 20 years , everybody who will see the picture of chia will not remember his name but remember he is the guy who traded seguin for garbage )))))

Yeah but how do you feel about the Seguin trade?

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Since76 has skyrocketed to the top of my favorite HFers list, which is strange because I love Clode. He's just too hilarious. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad