Rumor: Chiarelli expects Lucic to be back - and better

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
To be fair, there is a possibility he could bounce back. This was being said about him throughout the offseason so far.

Reactions: Chairman Wang

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
mj-laughing.gif

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
News flash! What everyone thought to be true... is true.

Chiarelli is not willing to pay what it would take to move Lucic, which in my opinion is a good thing. I strongly believe Lucic can bounce back, he'll still be overpaid but at least a little bit useful.

PuckinGood

Jun 28, 2016
Edmonton
He also expected trading Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson to make the Oilers better. Maybe his thoughts aren't that good?

Did you not watch last season at all, they were a pretty good team. They were injury riddled all of this year, and had terrible luck. I'm 100 percent confident they will be battling for a spot next year and get back into the playoffs

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
There's nothing in that article or what Chiarelli said in the press conference that says that Lucic is definitely not going be traded this offseason.

The first question regarding Lucic was if asked for a trade. Chiarelli said "No comment"

A follow up question was posed to Chiarelli: "If Lucic is back this season where is your confidence level at where he won't have a repeat of last year?"

Chiarelli replied and now I'm quoting from the score article...

"Really, conditioning for him is not really an issue. He has to be in the right frame of mind. He’s a proud guy and we expect to have him back at a better level than he was last year.”

In other words, Chiarelli expects him back at a better level than last year if he can't be moved. Also, how else was he supposed to answer that question. He wasn't going to say anything different.

Terrible article. Terrible Tweet. Terrible journalism on the Score.

Lucic stuffs starts at 4 minutes 35 seconds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad