Chia needs to make moves now.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Calling out the CHIA-pet - We need 3 things!

C'mon Chiarelli...the time is now. Please don't wait til April 3!

We desperately need:

1) Iginla - scoring required desperately. His talent and leadership gives us a huge step towards the Cup.

2) Morrow or someone like him. Need some veteran presence (ala Mark Recchi) with some grit for the 3rd line.

3) A D-man for depth. Need a #4-#5 D-man because let's face it...our top 6 are NOT getting into the playoffs healthy.

That is my wishlist...now what would it take to get 'em?

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
3 needs

1) Player like Iginla - scoring and leadership.

2) Player like Morrow - Recchi-type 3rd line guy.

3) D-man for the 4/5 slot - we aren't getting into playoffs with 6 healthy d-man...no how...no way.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

article_15354_2.jpg

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
3 needs

3) D-man for the 4/5 slot - we aren't getting into playoffs with 6 healthy d-man...no how...no way.

Three problems

1- there aren`t many players who are "like Iginla" and Iginla himself plays for a GM who is a dreamer and seemingly never accepts his team is heading nowhere

2- A "Morrow-like" player is nice, but there is not one team in the West who`s really "out of it" and of those who may be in a week or so, do they have a "Morrow-like player"

3- NO team is going into the playoffs with 6 healthy D-men I`ll wager

and

4- As of March 20th, with compounding injuries to the Bruins, Chia is in a 100% position of weakness to deal, in a market who`s not dealing, in which prices, especially for someone who "needs" something, will be through the roof

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Chia should be trying his best to get deals done sooner rather than later, this team although still having a good record, has not played that well overall lately losing games they should have won. I think they need another third line guy, but also would be nice to add some scoring in the top 6, drop someone else to the third line.

We should let Chia know, I`m sure he isn`t aware of this scenario of which you speak:sarcasm:;)

C`Mon fans, are there, or has there been ANY deals out there yet??? There`s a reason for that

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
I hear ya...

Agree on all points. Can't believe Calgary can't accept their fate.

I would deal for Jay-Bo and Iginla...although we can't afford them next year...we may be able to keep 1 depending on what heads back to Calgary.

Three problems

1- there aren`t many players who are "like Iginla" and Iginla himself plays for a GM who is a dreamer and seemingly never accepts his team is heading nowhere

2- A "Morrow-like" player is nice, but there is not one team in the West who`s really "out of it" and of those who may be in a week or so, do they have a "Morrow-like player"

3- NO team is going into the playoffs with 6 healthy D-men I`ll wager

and

4- As of March 20th, with compounding injuries to the Bruins, Chia is in a 100% position of weakness to deal, in a market who`s not dealing, in which prices, especially for someone who "needs" something, will be through the roof

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
3 needs

Summertime: "We are going to give Bourque and Caron a shot, We can add later if need be"

Early Season: "We traded Tim Thomas to create space so we can pounce"

Mid-Season: "Bruins announce the signing of Jay Pandolfo"

Trade Deadline: "Even though we had 30 million dollars of space, we determined the prices were two high..please welcome Ruslan Fedotenko and his one goal, and ex-Bruin great Steve Montador into the fold"..

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I hear ya...

Agree on all points. Can't believe Calgary can't accept their fate.

I would deal for Jay-Bo and Iginla...although we can't afford them next year...we may be able to keep 1 depending on what heads back to Calgary.

In Lieu of recent injuries, some personel issues (Pandalfo is obviously not a fit here or anywhere at this stage) we are all frustrated but having been watching/following this game for the better parts of 4 decades (which is 4 less than DKH:sarcasm:;)) I have a touch more grey on my head, and a touch more wisdom from experience of a better understanding of how things work.

There was a time when I too thought all it took was a simple call and a deal is done. Now, with a cap, the complexities of making a trade, the ability to understand and formulate a vast understanding of how a deal, any deal, can have implications on a teams future, is far too difficult for me to understand, but it allows me to see this and other years too for what it is.

While I am always more conservative like Chia appears to be, I trust this GM will do whatever he can to improve this hockey club while not having to subtract pieces that he believes will keep this team in the conversation as a Cup contender for years to come.

I looked at that game last night, I saw Seguin/Hamilton/Marchand/Spooner to name a few, young kids, not close to their prime, struggling to find their offensive game?? Yep, but man what a nice looking core of young players, top that off with Looch/Bergy and yes, even you DK, sprinkle in a possibility of kids like Jared Knight and Koko puffs, you can see what Chia is trying to do, and I can understand why he wouldn`t want to ship player A,B or C off for one shot rental as some here (not saying you dream about).

I understand the sometimes need to aquire a pure rental (Kaberle although I didn`t love the trade at the time), but having watched decades of teams aquiring the prized player only to have, the overwhelming majority of the times, an exit in the playoffs not having raised the Cup, I like to err on the side of caution.

I`ve seen far greater numbers of teams win the Cup, this team included, when their GM goes out and acquires an important piece, without having to dismantle a roster ala Pevs and Kelly.

Messier said years ago with the Rags Cup win, it was the aquisition of guys like Matteau/Noonan that were the keys

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Summertime: "We are going to give Bourque and Caron a shot, We can add later if need be"

Trade Deadline: "Even though we had 30 million dollars of space, we determined the prices were two high..please welcome Ruslan Fedotenko and his one goal, and ex-Bruin great Steve Montador into the fold"..

:laugh: ...oh, wait...you're not joking~ :cry:

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Guys, Dallas is not going to sell. Calgary is not going to sell. And if by a miracle Calgary does decide to sell, their GM is competing with at most 5 other sellers. Iginla would cost you a fortune, because he'll be able to get it.

Chia has never shown that he's willing to drastically overpay for a player. And after Kaberle (which wasn't that horrible given how Colborne has turned out), I doubt he does the whole top pick + top prospect + thing again for an aging player.

We'll probably get a depth player from Florida, and one from either the Avs or the Caps.

Think the Caps let go of Joel Ward for anything? He's a pretty Bruin-type player. I guess it's wishful thinking hoping for Mathias from Florida.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada

Ya absolutely.

Because frankly as free agents they cost us nothing but cap space. No point in over-paying with the only good prospects we own. Last cup is only 2 years back, it's not like he has immediate pressure to win one now at any/all costs. Chara is still going to be decent for 3 more years if they keep is ice-time in check.

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
Moves

I'm always up for a good trade discussion and speculation but I don't think it's in the cards this season. Based on the players available and reported asking price, I can't see PC dealing away solid prospects like SPOONER, KOKO, KNIGHT or SUBBAN for a rental or two. In a salary cap world it's very important to have younger, more importantly, cheaper talent ready to backfill those older and potentially much more expensive pending UFA guys (HORTON, FERENCE etc).

I think we'll see SODERBERG and a couple of depth guys (one D-man and maybe a forward if KELLY is done for the season and SPOONER isn't deemed ready) added and PC will only utilize draft picks or mid-level prospects to add anything.

The only way I can see anything substantial happening, IE IGINLA, is if PC can arrange a sign and deal trade.

Realistically I see us heading into playoffs (hopefully) with...

MARCHAND-BERGERON-SEGUIN
LUCIC-KREJCI-HORTON
SODERBERG-(SPOONER, KELLY or a third line winger with PEVERLEY moving to C)-PEVERLEY
PAILLE-CAMPBELL-THORNTON
CARON/PANDOLFO

CHARA-BOYCHUK
SEIDENBERG-HAMILTON
FERENCE-VISNOVSKI
MCQUAID

RASK
KHUDOBIN

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I want Clowe..........I have heard the Bruins were scouting him and I heard the Canadiens did too.......if they get him and once again get another player the Bruins were scouting I am going to **** a brick

Clowe would bring another physical nasty player to the team. The Bruins have seemed to forget their nastiness maybe he could remind them and breath new life into them as well as rediscover his game with them.

If we gave up Caron, another prospect and a few picks for him that would maybe cause a dilemma for us.

Who would sit? I mean if Kelly comes back and Soderberg comes who sits? What would the lines look like?

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
Demand so far outweighs supply that I would not be willing to pay what is likely being asked for useful talent. Maybe Chia can swing a small, helpful, veteran asset with an expiring contract, and that will help, but I would be more willing to leave Spooner up, recall Krug and roll with said useful veteran piece over Pandolfo.

If the price for acquiring such a useful veteran piece is deemed too high, at least let Paille play on the third line and move Pandolfo down. Every time I watch him take a shift, I feel like I'm watching Lena Dunham prance around naked.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Demand so far outweighs supply that I would not be willing to pay what is likely being asked for useful talent. Maybe Chia can swing a small, helpful, veteran asset with an expiring contract, and that will help, but I would be more willing to leave Spooner up, recall Krug and roll with said useful veteran piece over Pandolfo.

If the price for acquiring such a useful veteran piece is deemed too high, at least let Paille play on the third line and move Pandolfo down. Every time I watch him take a shift, I feel like I'm watching Lena Dunham prance around naked.

Morrow's a perfect fit. Given the market, if he can add Morrow to play that 3rd line wing and bump Pando out of the lineup, add some vet D depth (a 4-6 guy) I'll be ok. I'd love to see Iggy, but I'd also rather not blow a load to get him.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
2013 is the year of in-house solution(s) for Boston, namely, Spooner, Soderberg, Krug, Caron. Inject in and out of lineup as needed.

WishList '13
Iginla remains in Calgary as face of franchise.
Morrow's one-shot-per-game average stays in Dallas.
Clowe stays in SanJose for attempt at Epic Goal One.
Future HF proposed trades include non-rentals & player(s) under age of 35.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
people talking themselves into iginla is like people talking themselves into that great sportscar that has about 400,000 miles on it.

I feel the same about the Dallas talk. For god's sake they're in a playoff race, just out of it, and have a fan base that likes to come watch games if you put a decent product out there. They're not going to be easily talked into selling.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
pretty much.

but it's the arrogance of some of this fanbase.

"we want [player x]. go get him!"

and then acting like petulant children when they don't get what they want. if this was a bruins only league, where the bruins got first dibs on any and every player, didn't have to worry about asset management or things like that, sure. but this isn't nhl 13. the difference between 8th and 13th in the east is six points. in the west, six points separates 8th from 15th. lots of teams are still deciding whether or not they're in it this season.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI

cap space and acquisition price are two different things.

have huge cap space, but having to put together a nash like deal for Iginla would cause me to "evaluate" too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad