Proposal: CHI-TOR

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He was playing like a stud in the NHL at 20/21 as a D. Why are we giving up on him?
Because he hasn't gotten better since then. Where does he slot in the lineup? If you can sign him on cheap deal and have him play in Rockford, sure keep him. But if he wants NHL money, there's no room for him. He's not better than Keith, Dahlstrom, Gus, or even Koekkoek (lh defenders on the roster).

Not sure why you're comparing him to an elite level talent like Strome.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Mitchell has top pairing potential so that's not happening. Kayumov I wouldn't move until we can see what he's capable of in the NHL.
Hahaha, yes, Mitchell has broken his own record of 2 goals in a College seao with 3 now. Clearly hes more than likely a top pair NHL player. Or are you just saying he will be a top pair in this dark age the Hawks are heading into as a bottom 10 team for the next 5 -8 years?

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Perlini has been terrible. No exaggeration. But if you can get him playing the way he did in Arizona, he'd be much better. As for Forsling we can't really find a spot for him on the roster since Dahlstrom took his spot. The positive is they're both young so anything can happen.

We have the cap space for Brown so that's not an issue with us. I think he's a decent depth guy who used to play with Strome too. We don't have a 3rd this year so that'd be nice to replenish as well.

Perlini wouldn't crack the lineup and needs a new contract, Forsling I don't know much about but our depth down the left is (Rielly) - Muzzin - Gardiner - Dermott - Rosen - Sandin. Not sure either would play on the roster which is a problem if we're losing a guy who contributes but still taking back contracts. Ultimately I think it's more likely that Brown scores 20 again in an expanded role than either player does anything for our roster, so when you consider we lose a 3rd on top it feels like a pass.

Would rather move Brown for a pick alone. The incentive to moving him in the first place is to clear his $2M salary. Both these players need extensions and it's no guarantee we even save anything on the cap after.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Hahaha, yes, Mitchell has broken his own record of 2 goals in a College seao with 3 now. Clearly hes more than likely a top pair NHL player. Or are you just saying he will be a top pair in this dark age the Hawks are heading into as a bottom 10 team for the next 5 -8 years?
The Hawks won’t be down for long they are already showing signs of improvement

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Your barometer for success is based on goals? Erik Karlsson has 3 goals this season so I guess he sucks too...

Also if you think the Hawks are going to be a bottom team for next 5 years, you're very misinformed. They're creeping into a play off spot and have some of the best D prospects in the league coming in soon, among other improvements that will put them in a good spot for the future.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
The pick is going the wrong way. Brown is the best player in the deal.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Mitchell? Lol is Nylander going back?

Recent 2nd rounder who has decent stats is all!
I'm not against getting the 2nd, just where possible I'd prefer a prospect who is recently from the round who has developed decently so they are closer to playing.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Your barometer for success is based on goals? Erik Karlsson has 3 goals this season so I guess he sucks too...

Also if you think the Hawks are going to be a bottom team for next 5 years, you're very misinformed. They're creeping into a play off spot and have some of the best D prospects in the league coming in soon, among other improvements that will put them in a good spot for the future.
If you are going to be a top pair D you are going to have to have some offense. And no one has this guy as a top prospect other than the most insanely optimistic Hawks fans.

Lol the Hawks are creeping in only because the wild card teams are all horrible. Right now 86 points gets you in the West. Most years you are looking at mid 90s. But if you want to stand around a bunch of short people and call yourself tall go for it.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
If you are going to be a top pair D you are going to have to have some offense. And no one has this guy as a top prospect other than the most insanely optimistic Hawks fans.
Offence can come in the way of assists, not just goals. Also Mitchell has an NHL caliber shot already. Everyone else is just sleeping on him cause he wasn't a 1st round pick.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

Lol the Hawks are creeping in only because the wild card teams are all horrible. Right now 86 points gets you in the West. Most years you are looking at mid 90s. But if you want to stand around a bunch of short people and call yourself tall go for it.
you are correct and when teams get into the playoff. anything can happen. so there is always a chance if the hockey gods are looking kindly on Chi.

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO

Yeah but it's just as bad as the guy calling him future top pair. Maybe it's just me but them titles belongs to 5 d prospects that are not in the nhl.

Whether your finishing bottom of the league for five years, I don't know but I wouldn't use this season to prove my case. The bottom 2/3 of the west is bad, just look at the teams around you, 90 percent of them rebuilding and they are in contention. Toews and Kane playing their best in a while and your within striking distance to last.

As for having some of the best d prospects, I like it but don't count your chickens, just look at Phillys, I liked theirs alot too and now their d prospects is still fighting to establish and its been more then 5 years for some of them.

But Chicago did do some positive moves that I liked alot which is needed to speed up any rebuild, drafting/chance at cat, take chance at strome, joker with late first, boquist pick. Although I wouldn't be as confident as you to tell someone their very misinformed about it.,could very well come back to bite ya.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yeah but it's just as bad as the guy calling him future top pair. Maybe it's just me but them titles belongs to 5 d prospects that are not in the nhl.

Whether your finishing bottom of the league for five years, I don't know but I wouldn't use this season to prove my case. The bottom 2/3 of the west is bad, just look at the teams around you, 90 percent of them rebuilding and they are in contention. Toews and Kane playing their best in a while and your within striking distance to last.

As for having some of the best d prospects, I like it but don't count your chickens, just look at Phillys, I liked theirs alot too and now their d prospects is still fighting to establish and its been more then 5 years for some of them.

But Chicago did do some positive moves that I liked alot which is needed to speed up any rebuild, drafting/chance at cat, take chance at strome, joker with late first, boquist pick. Although I wouldn't be as confident as you to tell someone their very misinformed about it.,could very well come back to bite ya.
excellent post !!!

the other thing that i have yet to post is this, at this moment, if the Bhawks keeps playing the way they are, yeah they may be in the playoff via WC.

now the TDL is not here and while this next statement is rhetorical question, but does anyone think the Bhawks will not continue to improve this team via trade ??

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
when a team makes the playoff every team thinks that way.
Disagree. I would say a lot of Wings fans would tell you they tried to play for a wild card spot for too many years before starting a rebuild after watching the Leafs try it forever.

Hawks should be in that boat. The longer you wait to rebuild it the longer it will take.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
excellent post !!!

the other thing that i have yet to post is this, at this moment, if the Bhawks keeps playing the way they are, yeah they may be in the playoff via WC.

now the TDL is not here and while this next statement is rhetorical question, but does anyone think the Bhawks will not continue to improve this team via trade ??
They would have to be idiots to take on rentals for futures. But Little Stan is their GM so stupidity isnt out of the question.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida

You determine top level defensive defensemen based on how many goals they get? An interesting concept, lacking intelligence but interesting none the less .

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
You determine top level defensive defensemen based on how many goals they get? An interesting concept, lacking intelligence but interesting none the less .
Haha. Keep calling him a top pair guy. You are an embarrassment to the large group of Hawks fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad