Proposal: CHI-TOR

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
the leafs absolutely cannot afford to pay a guy 3.8mil per to play 16mins a night on the 3rd pairing.

for that reason its a no. I dont understand the top 4 comments on here...the guy was 10th in ice time/game among hawks D...

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
1. Hawks can't afford to give up a young top 4 dman
2. Leafs can't afford to take on a contract as expensive as Murphy's without sending some salary back.
Also, this one is more of an opinion, but I don't really want to give up Kapanen as a Leafs fan.

murphy played 16:22 last year. 9 other dmen played more/game

keith,seabrook,oesterle,ruuta,forsling all played 19mins +
Murphy isnt and hasnt ever been a top 4 dman. not saying he cant become that, but to call a guy that plays that little top 4 is silly

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
the leafs absolutely cannot afford to pay a guy 3.8mil per to play 16mins a night on the 3rd pairing.

for that reason its a no. I dont understand the top 4 comments on here...the guy was 10th in ice time/game among hawks D...
As mentioned, he was in Q's doghouse. He's a second pairing D. Definitely not a top pairing, but I wouldn't call him a bottom pairing D.

Reactions: iSophagus

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
As mentioned, he was in Q's doghouse. He's a second pairing D. Definitely not a top pairing, but I wouldn't call him a bottom pairing D.

how was he second pairing when the hawks had five guys getting 19+/ night and he got 16?

I don't think anyone not getting 19-20mins a night can be considered a top 4 dman. Coach Q used him the 10th most among hawks D in time per game

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
how was he second pairing when the hawks had five guys getting 19+/ night and he got 16?

I don't think anyone not getting 19-20mins a night can be considered a top 4 dman. Coach Q used him the 10th most among hawks D in time per game
Because look at games played. Ita an 82 game season a lot changes from 1 static destination. Oesterle hardly played for months but had an insane short peak playing with Keith 22 mins while Murphy played LD. Forsling played top 4 but was sent down halfway in the year.

Its been noted a lot the first 20 games Murphy wasn't playing much and adjusting to Qs system. That point on he was largely top 4. And late they went to the pair of him with Keith a lot but it went poor. He has not shown he can he a shutdown guy in any NHL regularity.

Reactions: ColbyChaos

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
I don't want Murphy. He's not a good shutdown D.

I wanted Kempny back when he was in Chicago, but Washington got him for cheap and now he's playing a vital role. Murphy isn't that.

I'm also higher on Kapanen than my fellow Leaf fans. Most of them have recency bias with Kapanen. He was fantastic offensively his whole career except this last season, where his on-ice sh% was super unlicky ~ 5%. Why on earth would you sell low on Kapanen?

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
murphy played 16:22 last year. 9 other dmen played more/game

keith,seabrook,oesterle,ruuta,forsling all played 19mins +
Murphy isnt and hasnt ever been a top 4 dman. not saying he cant become that, but to call a guy that plays that little top 4 is silly

I didn't realize that, I thought he was playing top 4. Either way, he's a young defenseman with upside, I don't think the Hawks would wanna give him up

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Classic leaf hater who looks for any moronic reason to hate on the leafs.

Stay classy

It’s reasons like the one he posted that said fan base gets so much hate.

I’m a fan of Kapanen btw. Feel he can carve out a Grabner like career. Whether he’s a fit for Chicago, I don’t know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad