Proposal: CHI/MTL at the draft

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Blackhawks situation between the pipes isnt ideal. Crawford misses most of last season, they couldnt count on a real decent backup and they have little to no prospects. In their AHL affiliate, they have Bérubé (26 years old) and Glass (32 years old).

They might look to add a goalie at the upcoming draft, but they might also want to get someone who can play in their farm team as soon as next year.

Habs have too many goaltenders in their system already with Fucale, Lindgren, McNiven and Hawkey / Primeau who could join them next year. They could spare one for an extra pick.

I have either two proposals to make

To Chicago :
Zach Fucale
122th overall pick (4th round)

To Montréal :
69th overall pick (3rd round)
2019 6th round pick

Fucale doesnt have ton of value, because his stats havent been especially good since he became a pro. But he is still winning games in the ECHL and the AHL and it's not too late for him to develop into a 2A/2B goalie in the NHL.

Other proposal is

To Chicago :
Charlie Lindgren
122th overall pick (4th round pick)

To Montréal :
87th overall pick (3rd round pick)
2019 2nd round pick

Chicago basically get a young, cheap backup with some potential to become a 1B goaltender in the league someday. It's a matter of years before Montréal need to trade him, with Price in place for a long-time and the management interest in keeping Niemi. It's a risk worth taking for Montréal : they can either keep Lindgren and hope his value go up, or trade him now and get an extra 2nd round pick.

Discuss.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
chicago struggling b/w the pipes ---> he offers his solution of FUCALE!!!
Damn you cant make this shit up.

Reactions: Runner77
Aug 25, 2009
éal
chicago struggling b/w the pipes ---> he offers his solution of FUCALE!!!
Damn you cant make this **** up.
Yes, Fucale is not a top goaltender. But as a reclamation project, I think he might be worth a shot. He's a goaltender that had relative success in his first year in the AHL, posting similar numbers to other (older) goalies Chicago have in their system. It would not be the first time a prospect get traded and does better in a different context.

Of course, you can also ignore the OP also have a second proposal in case Chicago want to pay more to get a better goalie at a relatively cheap price.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yes, Fucale is not a top goaltender. But as a reclamation project, I think he might be worth a shot. He's a goaltender that had relative success in his first year in the AHL, posting similar numbers to other (older) goalies Chicago have in their system. It would not be the first time a prospect get traded and does better in a different context.

Of course, you can also ignore the OP also have a second proposal in case Chicago want to pay more to get a better goalie at a relatively cheap price.

Fine as a reclamation project the Hawks offer you future considerations and the UFA rights to Jeff Glass

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
I’d rather the Hawks try to sign a vet backup or give Delia a shot. If the Hawks are going to make a trade, I’d rather trade for a sure thing or damn close.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Fucale doesn't have any trade value, he likely becomes a UFA as I don't see the Habs giving him his QO. Lindgren is much better then his stats show, he was on the worst team in the AHL, with a terrible coach and a terrible defense. He's been good in the NHL and with Price's injuries and Niemi likely sucking, I don't see the Habs trading Lindgren this year as they will likely need him and McNiven barely played last year so he's clearly not ready at all.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
For those who are unaware, Delia is our 24 year old free agent signee out of Rancho Cucamonga, CA who, in the AHL, went .924 in the playoffs. Please let this guy become a big hit for the Hawks, would be hilarious.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017

every team already has 2-3 "Fucale"s in their system....there is no need for ANY team to trade for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad