Proposal: CHI-MIN

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You’re a knowledgeable fan, I’m a tad surprised you keep repeating this question. It was common knowledge Chicago was painted into a corner and they needed to add to dump Bickell. The cost was TT. Sucks for the Hawks but winning does that to a cap situation.
Teravainen had zero chemistry with Kane or Toews. That is why he was traded. He was never going to develop into a top 6 player with the Hawks.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You’re a knowledgeable fan, I’m a tad surprised you keep repeating this question. It was common knowledge Chicago was painted into a corner and they needed to add to dump Bickell. The cost was TT. Sucks for the Hawks but winning does that to a cap situation.
Sorry, I was getting a kick out of watching hockeytalkman twist in the wind because he got caught in a dumb statement and wasn't man enough to own it.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Implying hed want to play in Minnesota
Strome might love Chicago. He might hate the idea of playing in Minnesota. But, if the choice is $4M per in Minnesota against $900K in Chicago? Yeah, that's not hard to figure out.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Why would we do this when wild need a c?

Eric Staal is a free agent next season. Ek has been playing 2c & is good. Essentially shuts down superstars.

Either way it's a trade wild shouldn't make when they will only have 1 c on roster instead of 2 c's.

you seriously cant think strome is a winger

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Strome might love Chicago. He might hate the idea of playing in Minnesota. But, if the choice is $4M per in Minnesota against $900K in Chicago? Yeah, that's not hard to figure out.

insert 6.3 mil offersheet from the habs lol

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Of course they can match it, but then they aren't getting Strome for his QO.

not can, would. they arent letting strome get away for a mid 2nd. they would insta match then look to free up cap via buyout and trade

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
not can, would. they arent letting strome get away for a mid 2nd. they would insta match then look to free up cap via buyout and trade
My reply was to someone thinking that they could just force Strome to sign his QO.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Teravainen had zero chemistry with Kane or Toews. That is why he was traded. He was never going to develop into a top 6 player with the Hawks.
This is not why he was traded.

He was thought of as soft and expendable because the Hawks had similar players in Kane and Panarin.

We needed to trade Bickell to get under the cap, and became desperate enough to trade him with a kid who clearly had legit top 6 upside.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Easier said than done. Cap space is at a premium league wide.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Sorry, I was getting a kick out of watching hockeytalkman twist in the wind because he got caught in a dumb statement and wasn't man enough to own it.
you made a dumb statement and multiple people identified it

you made yourself look silly when I gave you the direct answer from the jump

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad