Proposal: CHI-MIN

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Of course they can match it, but then they aren't getting Strome for his QO.
They have $7M to resign Kubalik, Strome, a starting goalie, and a backup goalie.

I overlooked Debrincat's contract starting next year too. They should actually be in some trouble with that and Kubalik.

But they could also likely move Saad fairly easily, and one or more of de Haan, Maatta and Murphy.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I overlooked Debrincat's contract starting next year too. They should actually be in some trouble with that and Kubalik.

But they could also likely move Saad fairly easily, and one or more of de Haan, Maatta and Murphy.
Nobody is taking DeHaan or Maatta unless they get paid to do so. Don't see how they could afford to move Murphy. Saad is a tough call with this cap situation.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015

Maatta almost seems sure to be bought out and his buyout hit will be next to nothing

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
unfortunately a guy on our team had misdiagnosed multiple sclerosis so we were forced to trade a young talented player to move a player we thought just lost his game

bickells diagnosis gets properly picked up six months earlier than it did, he lands on LTIR and TT is still a hawk
Why didn't you just trade Bickell?

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
X - Toews - Kubalik
X - Dach - Kane
Debrincat - Strome - X

Fill in the X's with ELC's value players.

What I'd do.
one looks to certainly be suter who they just signed and led the Swiss league in scoring. I think they can re-sign caggiula for around $1 mil. guys like kurashev likely make a push next year, maybe a dark horse guy like bagel or entwistle for a bottom six hustle/checking role

and who knows what will happen with Shaw. in reality he should just be LTIRd

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Makes no sense that you would trade Taravainen just because Bickell was bad?
sigh...

if you want to pretend to be dense to understand the salary cap issues Chicago was dealing with and bickells contract, have at it

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
unfortunately a guy on our team had misdiagnosed multiple sclerosis so we were forced to trade a young talented player to move a player we thought just lost his game

bickells diagnosis gets properly picked up six months earlier than it did, he lands on LTIR and TT is still a hawk
That's a long way of saying 'cap issues.' Same reason Panarin is gone. And Hjalmarsson. And plenty of others. Chicago's cap issues forced them to trade a better player for a worse one. And it will happen again this off-season. It might not be Strome, but he makes the most sense with the emergence of Dach.

Reactions: Pertti

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
That's a long way of saying 'cap issues.' Same reason Panarin is gone. And Hjalmarsson. And plenty of others. Chicago's cap issues forced them to trade a better player for a worse one. And it will happen again this off-season. It might not be Strome, but he makes the most sense with the emergence of Dach.
so you're arguing against a process that won them three cups because it didn't come up aces every time they needed to trade good talent? teams lose trades at times , sometimes badly. Chicago is not immune to that. panarin they also got for free and they also got Kubalik for a measly fifth

I think when factoring in winning three cups, we don't have much to whine about

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
You still haven't explained why Chicago traded Taravainen?

You’re a knowledgeable fan, I’m a tad surprised you keep repeating this question. It was common knowledge Chicago was painted into a corner and they needed to add to dump Bickell. The cost was TT. Sucks for the Hawks but winning does that to a cap situation.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
so you're arguing against a process that won them three cups because it didn't come up aces every time they needed to trade good talent? teams lose trades at times , sometimes badly. Chicago is not immune to that. panarin they also got for free and they also got Kubalik for a measly fifth

I think when factoring in winning three cups, we don't have much to whine about
What? When did the "process" that led to Chicago winning three cups involve signing players to bad contracts? They didn't have to pay Toews like the best player in the league. They did win another cup after they signed that one, but the Bickell and Seabrook contracts that cost them Teuvo and Panarin were signed after they had already won. So whatever the process was that won them the three cups either hasn't been followed or has led them to the bottom of the Western Conference.

Anyway, they are in a tight spot now and even if they buy out Maatta that still only gives them about $10M to re-sign Kubalik and Strome, as well as signing a starting and backup goalie. Kubalik and Strome are each worth at least $4M per, so I don't see how the Hawks keep both.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Implying hed want to play in Minnesota

There certainly would be no shortage of opportunity, he could get the money he wants, it's not like he's currently in South Beach or SoCal anyway. And at this point Minnesota probably has as bright or brighter a future as Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad