GDT: CHI @ COL: Deadline Week, Emotions Running High - Emphasis on "EMO" (9PM ET)

EMO IS LIFE

• My Chemical Romance

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Taking Back Sunday

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Paramore

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Brand New

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Fall Out Boy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panic! At The Disco

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Death Cab for Cutie

• Dashboard Confessional

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • The Used

• Other (I Can't Believe You Forgot XXXX You Idiot!)

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Time to see what backup goalie they bring in for Justus
He's overpriced but hear me out...

Georgiev has shown he's not happy when someone threatens his starter's crease yet has played badly enough to lose his crease to Fatty. Maybe... just maybe, Alexandar will be happy and play well now that he knows he's a backup and not a starter.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Annunen isn't beating the Oilers, but there are some good signs here. Very calm in the net once again with very limited rebounds for Hawks to take advantage of.

I do think he's getting by with little to zero video scouting on him, because if teams knew what to do, they would just go side to side as much as possible and get him moving. Nonetheless, he's been a bright spot and it is deserved.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Annunen isn't beating the Oilers, but there are some good signs here. Very calm in the net once again with very limited rebounds for Hawks to take advantage of.

I do think he's getting by with little to zero video scouting on him, because if teams knew what to do, they would just go side to side as much as possible and get him moving. Nonetheless, he's been a bright spot and it is deserved.
Neither is Fourgiev.

Reactions: S E P H

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Yes, but he was Threeorgiev that game. The team in front of him also played horrible that night. They could only manage to score 2, and none came after the 1st period.
Avs were opportunistic tonight for sure. That Parise goal happens maybe 3 times a season. They gave up 36 to the Hawks? Not just routine shots either. offensively they were great but defensively still a long way to go. I get it they toned down after the big lead but Justus was still there to make some big saves. Saves they dont get from Fourgiev.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
enFPr8.gif

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Yeah, don't see the Avs trading for a backup anymore. Especially with Prosvetov playing well for the Eagles.

When Justus gets hot he's very hard to beat. He looked so much more comfortable in net for this one too. Really starting to come into his own. Good for him.

This could be good for George as well. I've been wondering if he hasn't really dialed in his game yet this year, because he knew he didn't have any competition for the net. Now he's got some.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I wonder if the holdup on our 2C trade is that MacFarland is insisting on using Vladislav Kamenev as one of the prospects headed the other way.
Thank god we didn't trade Kamenev for RyJo. What an overpayment that would have been.

Last edited:

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
Come on people, give the guy's face a break, and what's up with the Fatty jokes. It is a little excessive and pointless at this point. I hope you're having a good time, because it is not funny anymore. Not everybody can be a model. He looks fine to me. Fit, strong and healthy. The guy's playing great for the team. Let's back him up, and let the opposing teams' fans make derogatory jokes about the appearance of our players.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $40.00