GDT: CHI @ COL: Deadline Week, Emotions Running High - Emphasis on "EMO" (9PM ET)

EMO IS LIFE

• My Chemical Romance

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Taking Back Sunday

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Paramore

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Brand New

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Fall Out Boy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panic! At The Disco

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Death Cab for Cutie

• Dashboard Confessional

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • The Used

• Other (I Can't Believe You Forgot XXXX You Idiot!)

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah, don't see the Avs trading for a backup anymore. Especially with Prosvetov playing well for the Eagles.

When Justus gets hot he's very hard to beat. He looked so much more comfortable in net for this one too. Really starting to come into his own. Good for him.

This could be good for George as well. I've been wondering if he hasn't really dialed in his game yet this year, because he knew he didn't have any competition for the net. Now he's got some.
Based on his history in New York Georgie would not enjoy competition for his spot. Hopefully he’s grown and matured since then though.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Cheeks is probably my favorite nickname for Annunen so far. He had another great game and I can't help but feel a little excited while looking forward to being let down by him in the future.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Come on people, give the guy's face a break, and what's up with the Fatty jokes. It is a little excessive and pointless at this point. I hope you're having a good time, because it is not funny anymore. Not everybody can be a model. He looks fine to me. Fit, strong and healthy. The guy's playing great for the team. Let's back him up, and let the opposing teams' fans make derogatory jokes about the appearance of our players.
I mean, you're not wrong but dude, I know like five fat people and Justus is four of them.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Annunen isn't beating the Oilers, but there are some good signs here. Very calm in the net once again with very limited rebounds for Hawks to take advantage of.

I do think he's getting by with little to zero video scouting on him, because if teams knew what to do, they would just go side to side as much as possible and get him moving. Nonetheless, he's been a bright spot and it is deserved.
I mean did you think Adin Hill would beat the Oilers? All I know is Fourgiev won't even beat a wildcard team.

Fourgiev couldn't beat Chicago with a 37-22 shot advantage

Last edited:

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Reactions: Pokecheque

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Based on his history in New York Georgie would not enjoy competition for his spot. Hopefully he’s grown and matured since then though.

I think there's some truth to that, but I also think a narrative was built to make him seem like the bad guy in New York, when there were a bunch of assholes on that team the basically acted like bullies.

I don't think competition is the part that upset George. He looked happy for Justus after the game. It's that he felt they just gave the starters job to Shesterkin and didn't give him much of a chance.

That may or may not be true, but internal competition could make him play better, which would be a good thing for both him and the team. He hasn't had any competition this year and that may be part of the issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad