Proposal: CHI-CLB

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Wennberg and Saad did have their best seasons together...

The value isn't bad for Columbus, but I'm not sure this does a lot for them though. Anisimov is a 3C going forward when the Jackets need a high-end center. The Perlini-Milano swap might be a good change of scenery for both teams. Any interest in that from the Hawks perspective?

Not a badly constructed deal overall. I think it's time for the Jackets to move Wennberg, I'm just not sure if this is the best they can do.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
I feel like it's gotta be Wennberg.

Had his best seasons playing with Saad, used to play with Gus, and would be a great 3C to slot behind Strome and Toews. It makes too much sense.
Im just going to throw Ryan Murrays name out there since hes due for a contract in the offseason.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Did some more investigating. The night Stan Bowman was in Columbus, Wennberg led all forwards on the team in ice time. Seems like they wanted to showcase him...

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Eh, I’m not crazy about it ... but I’m not saying no either.

Seems like it might be a move we make if we are bringing in some other see that we need to pay $$$ long term for..

Definitely seems like there is something to the story with the scouting reports. Good find.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Friedman reporting Hawks are looking to trade Anisimov.

Hawks are talking with Jackets.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Friedman reporting Hawks are looking to trade Anisimov.

Hawks are talking with Jackets.

Nobody doubts that the Jackets have an interest in Artie. It's the whole "straight up for Wennberg, or at least close enough to that as to make no substantive difference" bit that's in dispute. The age gap is just too large.

(no, I do not see much value in Perlini. Maybe throw in a 2nd, since we don't have ours this year, and we can add a later pick or something if that's too heavy.)

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Wennberg is a no thanks for me. That contract is bad and no chance I’m throwing a 2nd, I’d rather just try and dump Arty for a 2nd or a third than take that bad contract back. Guy generates no shots and accidentally scored 60 once.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
And Seabrook is untouchable as well. But in a more "Chernobyl" sense
Chernobyl sense..... no way for your understanding of the situation.

Chernobyl is the word of different meaning and in a relationship to any player. Seabs has slowed down, granted, but he still bring his lunch pale to the game and he can still score.

under a different team with a full group of better defense, Seabs as a line 2 or line 3 type d-man. i can see it.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
How about anisimov,Hayden,Forsling for Wennberg and Josh Anderson
PRO TIP: if your offer has a LD going back to Columbus of any quality level at all shy of "Norris Trophy nominee", the answer is an automatic "no". ("Norris Trophy nominee" is merely a likely "no" because of the value of the assets that would be requested for something we don't need.) It gets a lot more vehement if Columbus is giving up anyone who's scored more than 5 goals.

Oh, and avoid asking for Josh Anderson in any deal at all.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
We reportedly offered a 3rd rounder for AA last year. You think a year later we'd up the offer to Jenner? Lol
Clb will need to move bodies . they have a roster full of players that are long term and will hurt them. so while jenner or even wennberg are being pd a large amount of salary for very little production. so here is AA who is at a reasonable rate and can produce. (btw don't look at his production this yr)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Clb will need to move bodies . they have a roster full of players that are long term and will hurt them. so while jenner or even wennberg are being pd a large amount of salary for very little production. so here is AA who is at a reasonable rate and can produce. (btw don't look at his production this yr)
...is there anything in this post that's accurate other than Wennberg underproducing?

The only "long term" player that "hurts" is Dubinsky. Nash isn't all that great either, but it's only two years. Other than that, we're fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad