Confirmed with Link: [CHI/BOS] Rob Flick for Maxime Sauve

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Oh, I'm wide awake. Giving up on 21 year old kids, barely turned pro and with talent, spirit and git to their game is never wise. Bruins and TB see something. Perhaps we'll revisit in 3 or 4 years to see where Paradis and Flick are.

Yeah, at some point we need a legit power forward. Neither of these guys were that but they don't seem interested in developing physical players so it's going to have to come from signings and trades.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
This is a potentially very good trade for Chicago is Sauve can get back on track.

He was Boston's 6th ranked prospect by HockeyProspectus in the summer and has all sorts of tools; size, skating, skill.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
Oh, I'm wide awake. Giving up on 21 year old kids, barely turned pro and with talent, spirit and git to their game is never wise. Bruins and TB see something. Perhaps we'll revisit in 3 or 4 years to see where Paradis and Flick are.

Garret Ross does all of those things as well if not better than those 2 guys and is in need of a contract.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I'd move Sharp to center and pay Clowe a few million this summer.

Yeah, I wouldn't be opposed to that at all. I do want to see how New York uses him though. I love him in a Kopecky type role and think he has a lot of upside on our PP. I'm not sold on him as an everyday top 6 player though, and that's ok. There is a reason Sharks fans have been trashing him as a top 6 guy so I want to see in these playoffs how much of that was the Sharks and their general poor team speed or Clowe himself. Nevertheless, a valuable player to have, just need to figure out the role. He'd probably love to come here on a show me contract since he'd rack up points.

Last edited:

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I'd love to have Clowe. Liked him for a long time. He's, like, the closest thing to an Al Secord clone you can find today. No one will ever put up the Goals and PIM combo Secord did ever again but he's the same kind of player in this era.

H a w k s*

May 18, 2012
Garret Ross does all of those things as well if not better than those 2 guys and is in need of a contract.

Oh boy another undersized wimp. The Hawks just traded most of their blue chip big guys. I'm livid. If they don't bring Scott back this offseason. I'm gonna personally fire that no hockey playing college boy out of a canon.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Oh boy another undersized wimp. The Hawks just traded most of their blue chip big guys. I'm livid. If they don't bring Scott back this offseason. I'm gonna personally fire that no hockey playing college boy out of a canon.

And who were those? They certainly weren't Paradis and Flick.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Suaves uncle is Robert Suave, goalie who played with the Blackhawks for two years, mostly with the Sabres.

Serpico4ever

Jul 4, 2010
Brighton, MA
Sauve is fast and skilled. He was consistently on the verge of making the team and was always one of the last cuts. He's been injury prone, but its only because of how hard he was playing without having enough meat on his bones. He's not a fighter, but plays a physical brand of hockey which he's been learning to use more judiciously. Knack for scoring goals plain and simple. Good hands, strong on the boards, super quick, good size. Most people on the Boston board haven't actually seen him play but will write him off because our reporters have focused on Caron, Spooner, and Knight.

Besides Koko and Griff, he was the only natural goal scorer in our prospect pool. I'm not saying he'll make the Blackhawks lineup next year, or that he has all star potential, but much like Moulson, Read, Versteeg, Tlusty, Stalberg and the like, he could be a middle six NHL'er at some point in the next couple years. Just needs a chance really. Probably would have been better for him to goto a bad team that needs a third line winger, but Chicago seems better at recognizing unhyped talent than Boston. Chiarelli and Julien usually opt for routine and safety at all costs. Unless you're a top ten pick, you'll have to pray for multiple injuries to get a shot.

On the other hand, I looked at the AHL HockeyFights.com footage of Flick and I'm confused. This guy seems useless. A fleecing in some ways.

massivegoonery

Jul 31, 2007
Chicago

lol @ "talent"

It couldn't be more obvious that you don't actually watch any hockey. There's nothing wrong with getting blackout drunk and cheering when guys brawl, as long as you don't act like some kind of pro scout on the message boards the next day.

SLarmer28*

Center prospects in Rockford:

Pirri
Sauve
Danault
McNeill
Nordstrom
Froese
Gilbert

7 centers? Something has to give.

RomersWorld*

Center prospects in Rockford:

Pirri
Sauve
Danault
McNeill
Nordstrom
Froese
Gilbert

7 centers? Something has to give.

Froese and Gilbert are basically nothing prospects. They can play in the ECHL.

Suave and McNeill can play on the wings. McNeill will likely be a RW anyways. Besides there is nothing wrong with having an abundance of centers who can also play the wing. The Bruins don't seem to mind it.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Besides there is nothing wrong with having an abundance of centers who can also play the wing. The Bruins don't seem to mind it.

A million times this.

This trade could have ten times the impact of the "big" trade down the road. If Sauve can stay healthy, he could be a player. More so than Flick any way.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
This is a potentially very good trade for Chicago is Sauve can get back on track.

He was Boston's 6th ranked prospect by HockeyProspectus in the summer and has all sorts of tools; size, skating, skill.

Well, as I said, he has some good blood but he is listed at only 170 lbs. Hopefully he is still growing.
I admit to seeing very little of Flick, just a handful of games in RFD but his progress was highly touted by his coach during his last years as a junior. One scout compared him to a young Carcillo. It will be interesting to see how he progresses in the Bruins org.

And please don’t preach to me MGoon. I think you’ve proven by your comments here that your hockey knowledge is questionable at best. It’s great to have all these finesse players but the best teams blend that finesse with physicality and grit. As Coldsteel stated, we need a young power forward on this team, and the best way is to draft one and let him develop. Not give up on two of the few we have in the system (Paradis and Flick) after less than 2 years of turning pro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad