Confirmed with Link: [CHI/BOS] Rob Flick for Maxime Sauve

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Man, I hate to see Flick go. I thought in time he would be a great 4th liner.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I'm curious to see if this creates a roster spot to get down to 48.

Sauvé has an NHL contract and so did Flick, so I think we're still at 49.

This is a minor win, only in the sense that I think Sauvé will help the Hogs more than Flick would.

I don't expect either to ever spend significant time in the NHL.

Funny to see the difference so far between Flick and Shaw. Same age, signed one-year AHL contracts together, but one is contributing to the best team in the NHL, and the other is bouncing around in the minors.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
More than likely just a move to help the Hogs. Flick is terrible and takes bad penalties. He was probably heading to the ECHL anyway.

helicon1

Jan 4, 2010
I really liked Flick when he was drafted. Thought he would have been the guy filling the Shaw role by this point. Oh well.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
He has played poorly all year with Hogs this year

He has very limited upside and his defensive game is lacking

I know he leveled out but this Suave looks like an Olimb type of prospect to me (although I am just reading about him now). Seems like a skill guy who isn't skilled enough for the top 6 in the NHL. In the end, neither are of too much importance. If anything, this guy might be a replacement for St. Pierre.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Man, I hate to see Flick go. I thought in time he would be a great 4th liner.

First Paradis, now Flick. Teams are plucking our grit prospects, who's biggest issue from what I can see is the poor coaching they're getting in the minors. I don't like this deal at all. Perhaps his development is a bit sluggish but I predict he plays for Bruins one day.

Sauve has the blood lines, but yet another small forward that Stan likes so much.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Grit doesn't do you much good if it will never be in the NHL (Flick/Paradis)

Anyone upset about this trade needs to wake up.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
Sauve has the blood lines, but yet another small forward that Stan likes so much.

Sauve is 6'2". Not exactly small. Made of glass and always injured, but not small. He has size, speed and skills. Very sad to see him go before we could give him a real chance. Not sure he will get a chance with your team neither considering you already have so much talent.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
hey, he was the 1st player to be traded... and they didn't even showed a picture of him :laugh:

this is all about the Hogs. LW Paradies away, ECHL Center away and LW Sauve in

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Grit doesn't do you much good if it will never be in the NHL (Flick/Paradis)

Anyone upset about this trade needs to wake up.

Oh, I'm wide awake. Giving up on 21 year old kids, barely turned pro and with talent, spirit and git to their game is never wise. Bruins and TB see something. Perhaps we'll revisit in 3 or 4 years to see where Paradis and Flick are.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Oh, I'm wide awake. Giving up on 21 year old kids, barely turned pro and with talent, spirit and git to their game is never wise. Bruins and TB see something. Perhaps we'll revisit in 3 or 4 years to see where Paradis and Flick are.

Both players have showed a lot less than Beach, and Flick was never talented.

Paradis hasn't improved his game since we got him.

These are all AHL deals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad