Confirmed Trade: [CHI/ARI] Murphy and Dauphin for Hjalmarsson

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Obviously these two trades were done for cap reasons, as both Panarin and Hjalmarsson will be getting raises in a year from now, but man did Arizona cash in. Murphy is still a decent player coming back, but this is an upgrade, no other way to put it.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I love how people are now saying how good Murphy is. Before the trade if you had done a poll on who was better Hammer or Murphy it would be 200-0 for Hammer. Chicago lost this one just like the one with Panarin.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
How in the world did the Flames and Senators not offer more especially considering Sens were in a different conference? Yes I know Murphy is good, I know it isn't just a bunch of "who"? But seriously.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Murphy's profile is definitely going to go up, he's a respectable player with upside. That said, Hjalmarsson is in another league for some time. The value is a bit less of a problem than the general direction, IMO. Weird.

GermanLeaf

Jun 9, 2011
I love how people are now saying how good Murphy is. Before the trade if you had done a poll on who was better Hammer or Murphy it would be 200-0 for Hammer. Chicago lost this one just like the one with Panarin.
Nobody is arguing that they are on the same level currently

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Maybe he thought Arizona wouldn't trade for him because they aren't contenders and he is 31.

Often times agents and players will conspire to further limit their trade list by okaying teams they think aren't a possible fit, which further minimizes the amount of options available to the team trading them, and lowers the chance they get traded.

Otherwise, Arizona is a nice place to live.

I'm not saying Arizona isn't a nice place to live in. It's beautiful, but very hot. The problem is look at the team they have. I'd expect Hjalmarsson to want to go somewhere he can contend again. Either that, or he's just waiting to cash in on his next contract.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

Eh. People are saying he's good, because he is pretty good, and because the first page(s) are almost exclusively stating how he isn't very good. I don't think anyone's saying he's an upgrade over Hjalmarsson in the (extended) short term.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
No pressure from fans/media. Young group that can only improve. Good place to spend retirement. Plus we all know they will move to Seattle when the smoke clears.

Nah, Seattle will get its own team. The NHL won't run on 31 teams, it's just plain weird. Need another team to join in and make it 32.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
lol at blackhawks. only if this trade was made before the expansion draft, they woulda had tvr today

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Eh. People are saying he's good, because he is pretty good, and because the first page(s) are almost exclusively stating how he isn't very good. I don't think anyone's saying he's an upgrade over Hjalmarsson in the (extended) short term.

A lot of those people who said he wasn't good are Arizona fans they watch him more than any of us. We will find out quickly how much of a gap there is compared to Hammer and I would put money that it is a significant one.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Good trade for Arizona. Good for you guys, congrats. I can understand the Panarin - Saad trade for cap purposes but this trade is pure insanity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad