CHED secures radio rights for the next 6 years

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
5x4-pyrotechnics.gif

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm not a fan of what CHED has now, but I really don't know that TSN radio or even a Sportsnet radio would be any better.

It is what it is and for the amount I listen I'm fine with the extension

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
A bit surprised they didn't think harder about going to the TSN station, but this is fine, CHED needs it to stay relevant.

Rawg

Its Rog
Jun 20, 2010
Edmonton
I wish CHED would idk, increase their signal, because more then 2 hours east of edmonton 630ched changes into an american college football station, and then when you go west it stops working near whitecourt, and changes into IDK, another sports radio station between static

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
tim-tebow-tebowing-gif.gif

I wish CHED would idk, increase their signal, because more then 2 hours east of edmonton 630ched changes into an american college football station, and then when you go west it stops working near whitecourt, and changes into IDK, another sports radio station between static

So true. :laugh:

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Great, 6 more years of Katz jock sniffing by Bum Stuffer and Crap Michaels..."on the OILERS radio network" :shakehead

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
mehhh... with all the games on TV now, I don't even bother listening to radio broadcasts anymore. Why do the Oilers need to give a 24 hour 'special announcement' notice for this kind of business news anyway? What's next? Special Announcement tomorrow: Oilers have hired a new Head Custodian!

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I'm not a fan of what CHED has now, but I really don't know that TSN radio or even a Sportsnet radio would be any better.

It is what it is and for the amount I listen I'm fine with the extension

I really found the oil kings playoff run to be quite entertaining and very intuitive PBP. You could tell Cory Graham was showing genuine emotion similar to what Rod did. Man I miss RP. JM is terrible and I wouldn't hire him to PBP a midget soccer game let alone an NHL game.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I really found the oil kings playoff run to be quite entertaining and very intuitive PBP. You could tell Cory Graham was showing genuine emotion similar to what Rod did. Man I miss RP. JM is terrible and I wouldn't hire him to PBP a midget soccer game let alone an NHL game.
I listened to a bunch of Oil Kings games in the WHL semi finals and Finals because I couldn't get those games on TV. I got caught up in the Oil Kings wave and didn't want to miss the games. I thoroughly enjoyed the PBP and I never knew who the guy was until I read your post. I could picture what was happening during the game and I always knew what the score was. Two things I am always unclear about after listening to Jack Michaels for half a period. The best part was that I wasn't continuously bombasted with stats that I not only didn't care about but had little to do with the game. He just spent his time describing the game. This is the guy who should be calling Oilers games.

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
I thought Jack's best broadcast was when Kevin Quinn was sick and Jack did the SNET TV game. He was more reserved; did a vg job.

I don't mind Jack and Bob at all. I also preferred Dan Tencer, although Reid isn't half bad. Hated Allan Stafford who preceded Dan.

If they changed stations, the only thing that would change is Reid would be out and someone like Gregor or Struds would be in.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
How did we go from Rod Phillips and Morley Scott to Bob Staufer and Jack Micheals....so depressing.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
I listened to a bunch of Oil Kings games in the WHL semi finals and Finals because I couldn't get those games on TV. I got caught up in the Oil Kings wave and didn't want to miss the games. I thoroughly enjoyed the PBP and I never knew who the guy was until I read your post. I could picture what was happening during the game and I always knew what the score was. Two things I am always unclear about after listening to Jack Michaels for half a period. The best part was that I wasn't continuously bombasted with stats that I not only didn't care about but had little to do with the game. He just spent his time describing the game. This is the guy who should be calling Oilers games.

I agree. You listen to Crap Michaels and you really have no idea what is happening in the game, but will pull out the "Pierrre McQuire" and tell you all about a players home town & past playing history. Isn't that the colour mans job ??? Just describe the damn play.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
mehhh... with all the games on TV now, I don't even bother listening to radio broadcasts anymore. Why do the Oilers need to give a 24 hour 'special announcement' notice for this kind of business news anyway? What's next? Special Announcement tomorrow: Oilers have hired a new Head Custodian!

Pat Quinn: Cleaning the **** since the rebuild started.

Pat-Quinn-Edmonton-Oilers.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad