Post-Game Talk: Checkmate! Leafs topple Kings 3-2

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
yes. it would be boring i mean i won't talk for anyone else, but it would be heck of a lot boring if we played a 1-3-1 system.
just because you don't think so/feel that way doesn't mean a lot of people would. i've been saying since saturday had we won - i'd be saying the same thing. the Leafs were lulled into playing a boring game.

The 93 Leafs were the most exciting team I had the pleasure of watching. Not because of their talent, but because of their lunch pale work ethic as a defense first...grind you down through hitting and hard work.

They played with heart and passion every game and it was amazing. They never took a game "off".

I really wish you could have witnessed that era. It was amazing. And yes Ottawa reminds me of that Leaf's squad.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I’m embarrassed that you think you are some kind of ambassador for the Leafs board, news flash - you’re not.
Oh, I think that? Please point to where I said that or implied it. Asking my fellow fans not to troll=thinking I'm an ambassador. Saying that's a stretch would be an understatement.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I apologized? Doesn't look like I did. Keep pretending like this fanbase doesn't troll hard. You've been here long enough to know it happens. You should start a council on checking your unnecessary sarcastic attitude.

For someone that appears to be a fan of South Park, your skin is pretty thin.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Well...it was 93...lol.
I don't think anyone would mind playing tough hockey if they continued to score.
I certainly would find low scoring trap games boring.

Reactions: BVG

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I don't think anyone would mind playing tough hockey if they continued to score.
I certainly would find low scoring trap games boring.

I'm more about effort. Show me effort...hitting, diving for pucks...fights and I'm good. But that's not the point. The point was how we are trying to mock LA for being bitter, but I don't see them making threads on general complaining about how we played...

We did that. Which means we are in no position to mock LA.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I'm more about effort. Show me effort...hitting, diving for pucks...fights and I'm good. But that's not the point. The point was how we are trying to mock LA for being bitter, but I don't see them making threads on general complaining about how we played...

We did that. Which means we are in no position to mock LA.
Someone made a thread about how LA played? I thought LA looked great, much better than I thought they were.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Someone made a thread about how LA played? I thought LA looked great, much better than I thought they were.

No, a Leaf fan made a post about how Ottawa played.

Because we lost.

We have what is probably considered to be the best offensive 4 lines in hockey right now. Expect teams who can't run and gun with us, to slow things down and trap.

Reactions: AnishLoomba

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Sure. He had two 5 minute majors right? Plus zero PP minutes.

Marner is usually on the #1 PP. Which means he likely gets more PP minutes than Matthews.

I think Leafs PP units are pretty even in terms of minutes. I wouldn't call the Bozak-Marner unit as the #1 PP unit. Any unit that has Matthews on it would be the #1, if anything.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
No, a Leaf fan made a post about how Ottawa played.

Because we lost.
Lol...I'm lost as well.....sounds like something one of those alt Leaf fans might do.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I think Leafs PP units are pretty even in terms of minutes. I wouldn't call the Bozak-Marner unit as the #1 PP unit. Any unit that has Matthews on it would be the #1, if anything.
Marner unit usually starts, that's probably why they are termed #1.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I'm implying that he's not strong enough along the boards to win the 50/50 battles to chip it out.

Understand that I am a fan of this kid and last year given the choice between the big three, I picked his number/name for my new Leaf Jersey and I wear it with pride...so I'm not purposefully picking on the kid.

Gotta let 'em have it sometime...
tough-love-speaking-truth.jpg

Reactions: BVG

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
yes. it would be boring i mean i won't talk for anyone else, but it would be heck of a lot boring if we played a 1-3-1 system.
just because you don't think so/feel that way doesn't mean a lot of people would. i've been saying since saturday had we won - i'd be saying the same thing. the Leafs were lulled into playing a boring game.

No no, trust him. Winning is a lot of fun!!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
was so tempted to go on the Kings board and wish them all the best in kicking sens' behind; then realized they were very salty after their first regulation loss of the season yesterday....thought better of it :laugh:

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
The Matthews line did not score yesterday, that would the first game they did not score I believe. All the other three lines scored.

A 7-2 start, a very good start.

The worst team in the league right now is Arizona with zero wins and 1 point.

The second worst team in the league right now is Montreal with one win and 3 points.

:dunce:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad