Confirmed with Link: Checkers win the Calder Cup!

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
Replacing McElhinney with a Calder Cup winning goalie didn’t work great this season. I’m not sayin’, I’m just sayin’.
You're not wrong, but what more does ned have left to prove in the AHL? Something has to give and I think it'll be curtis. Tough decision no matter what, but hopefully our goaltending can stay consistent.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Ned's contract apparently ended to this season (as of June 30th, obviously).

He'll be needing one. And thusly has some say on whether he has AHL in his future.

About them offer sheet targets...

He's still waivers exempt for the next season though.

Last edited:

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
I'm glad I was able to watch so much of this Checkers run. a fun side effect was becoming a lot more familiar with the various prospects' games. Jake Bean in particular has a bright future. yes he's decisive and accurate moving the puck, but I don't think I fully appreciated before how he can skate his way out of tight spots and make it look super easy in the process. that skill will serve him well in the NHL for sure.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
The playoffs always feel like a struggle, but how's this for a stat.

Charlotte finished atop the AHL regular season standings with a 51-17-7-1 record and 110 points. That's a sterling .724 points percentage (110 of a possible 152).

The Checkers then eliminated Providence (3-1), Hershey (4-0), the defending champion Toronto Marlies (4-2), and Chicago (4-1) in the playoffs. That's 15-4, or a .789 winning percentage in the playoffs. I know it didn't always feel like it, but this team was utterly *dominant* this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad