GDT: chator5

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I am 1-0, so I'm doing this again.

@Navin R Slavin is 1-2, so he's fired.

Bit of a weird series so far in that neither team seems to have any momentum, and the goaltending has been subpar on both sides. Those two things are probably related.

Both starters probably go tonight, but I wouldn't doubt both coaches will have itchy trigger-fingers if either struggles out of the gate.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Roy -> Fleury almost had another goal

The officiating in this game is atrocious, but it's somehow working in our favor up 3-1 with 2 SHG lol Most of the penalties have been weak calls, meanwhile in the 1st, we had a guy get totally tangled up, pulled down, puck stolen, flung up for a breakaway and nearly a goal.

EDIT: Also, no Necas or Jurco tonight (illness), Renouf out as well

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
3rd time i've seen our guys taken out by our goalie after the whistle, no calls

...correction, we get cross-checked to the ice and somehow BOTH get a penalty? 4 on 4 at least

Couple posts recently for Toronto but we've been putting on solid pressure too, lots of uncalled obstruction/interference has neutered most of them

Reactions: Unsustainable

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
They ALMOST called a penalty on Bishop for what was a clean hit to the chest on a guy who tried to cut across the ice, strangely they actually reviewed it and called NO penalty...I'm shocked they pulled their heads out of their @$$es with the way they've called this game so far

(of course "ref you suck" is now being chanted lol)

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Oh look, another weak garbage call where two guys collide and we get a penalty, gotta keep trying to help Toronto get some goals (penalties now 6-2 for Toronto)

EDIT: Marchmant literally had to blow through Shilkey nowhere near the play at center ice to get a 2 min penalty

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Half a powerplay, still no shots for us, a couple for Toronto

If we win this, it's mostly Tokarski stealing the game (almost 40 shots at this point), we have like 2 shots in 13 min of the 3rd

Reactions: Unsustainable

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I'd have to look at the rulebook, but Saarela basically had a free goal, got interfered with and shoved into the goal (preventing him from shooting), and the puck hit something after that and didn't go in...I thought they could award a goal if a basically free tap in on an EN doesn't go in due to interference from the defending team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad