Oct 15, 2006
Injury prone
Bust
Kid keep your head up
That Ekblad always skating with his head down

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
High end potential would be Marchand.

Low end potential would be Clutterbuck at this point.

The Oilers haven't spent any time screwing his development up yet though.

Kinda funny that. The Oilers can't mess up his development. He has to have another full year of Junior. Jan 1st birthday means no AHL for him. With his size he will have all the time in Junior any prospect will need. Next year it will be AHL or ECHL I suppose but either or he should be ready for that.

OILSLICK94

Mar 9, 2004
London Ontario
Chris Stevenson ‏@CJ_Stevenson 31m

#teamcanada coach Benoit Groulx on how D Darnell Nurse is doing: “I told him he was the best player on the ice this morning.†#Oilers

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Injury prone
Bust
Kid keep your head up
That Ekblad always skating with his head down

there is the case to be made with letting an NHL sized player go back to junior where he develops bad habits due to being bigger than everyone, RIP ekblad

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Kinda funny that. The Oilers can't mess up his development. He has to have another full year of Junior. Jan 1st birthday means no AHL for him. With his size he will have all the time in Junior any prospect will need. Next year it will be AHL or ECHL I suppose but either or he should be ready for that.

he is also developing in the calgary hitmen program which is an equivelent to the oil kings org. he is in good hands.

(save the alex plante nonsense because he was never going to be a player anyway)

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008

#teamcanada coach Benoit Groulx on how D Darnell Nurse is doing: “I told him he was the best player on the ice this morning.†#Oilers

interesting how coaches see things differently from fans, most of whom thought Nurse was mostly mediocre.

good to hear.:handclap:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Pretty awesome. A coach's opinion > armchair gm's

TheBusDriver

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Aug 25, 2009
Edmonton
interesting how coaches see things differently from fans, most of whom thought Nurse was mostly mediocre.

good to hear.:handclap:

Breaking up a rush or winning a puck battle isnt as flashy as goals or assists but its a Dmans job to defend first, worry about scoring later. Nurse played well.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Breaking up a rush or winning a puck battle isnt as flashy as goals or assists but its a Dmans job to defend first, worry about scoring later. Nurse played well.

Yep. Used skating and physical game to make stops and win battles. Aggressive on offense. RT @hockeysymposium: @coreypronman how did Nurse look?

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
If he does go back to Junior, the guy is going to be hell on wheels that a whole lotta other Junior players will be terrified of. (Maybe not terrified, but you get the point....let's say overtly cautious of).

We gonna see some beast mode action when he steps into the NHL in a couple of years. If not sooner.

McDeathbyCheerios*

If he does go back to Junior, the guy is going to be hell on wheels that a whole lotta other Junior players will be terrified of. (Maybe not terrified, but you get the point....let's say overtly cautious of).

We gonna see some beast mode action when he steps into the NHL in a couple of years. If not sooner.
I could see Chase being a staple on the third line in a few years

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta

Chase, as well as Yakimov, are 2 centers that i am really praying will turn out for us. and it looks like, at least so far, that both will play center and not be moved to the wing which, along with Draisaitl and Nuge at center, would help us tremendously!

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Nurse and Chase back in action tonight.

Bennett - Reinhart - Duclair
Paul - Dickinson - Gregoire
Dal Colle - Lazar - Baptiste
Hawryluk - Gauthier - Chase

Theodore - McKeown
Nurse - Fleury
Morin - Morrissey

Jarry
Fucale

Premature thoughts:
- Chase being stapled to Gauthier is a good thing in terms of his percieved spot on the team
- They're giving Bennett the opportunity to shine after a outing with limited opportunity last time.
- Nurse paired with the best defensemen from the game against the Czechs.

oilz89*

Nurse and Chase back in action tonight.

Bennett - Reinhart - Duclair
Paul - Dickinson - Gregoire
Dal Colle - Lazar - Baptiste
Hawryluk - Gauthier - Chase

Theodore - McKeown
Nurse - Fleury
Morin - Morrissey

Jarry
Fucale

Premature thoughts:
- Chase being stapled to Gauthier is a good thing in terms of his percieved spot on the team
- They're giving Bennett the opportunity to shine after a outing with limited opportunity last time.
- Nurse paired with the best defensemen from the game against the Czechs.

I have high hopes for Dal Colle. I wish McDavid had played again today. Rather see him then Dickinson

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
McDavid will probably make the team. He needs less time at this point.

It's the guys in the mix who need further evaluation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad