GDT: Chase and Nurse in action tonight at WJC summer camp | 5:00 | Streamed

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
@coreypronman
Very interested to watch Darnell Nurse tonight. Probably got unfairly dinged after his average U20 performances last year. Big EDM contingent in to watch a few of their players including Nurse, MacTavish in the house.

Ritchie-Reinhart-Duclair
Dickinson-Lazar-Point
Perlini-Bennett-Hawryluk
Paul-Gauthier-Chase

Morrissey-Ekblad
Nurse-McKeown
Morin-Fleury

Jarry and Fucale splitting the net.

Chase (#17) & Nurse (#25) in action, game time is 5:00PM. Canada vs. Czech.

http://stats.hockeycanada.ca/game/show/7838017?subseason=165586&referrer=1253933&referrer=1253933

Last edited:

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Wow great rush from Fleury

edit: Not sure how I feel about these jerseys.

Last edited:

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB
Nurse underwhelming so far, running around a little and a couple whatever passes, havent noticed chase except for one dump in

seems like chase was pissing off one of the opposing players he got pushed at the f/o circle, and had some offensive zone time

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Only watched the first period but Nurse seems like the most ahletic person out there. Morin and Ekblad are both bigger but they look more stiff compared to Nurse. Nurse looks so fluid out there that even if he gets beat hes right back in the play asap.

Reminds me of a more physical J-Bo every time I watch him in terms of atheltiscm, skating, and mix of offense and defense

He looks very physical along the boards but still looks skinny on the ice. He made some simple plays for what i watched. Nothing impressive, just quiet hockey and some cross ice passes

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Ha, Chase being Chase on that shift. Pissing off the opponent, hard on the forecheck, slick pass for a scoring chance.

oilz89*

Fleury is going to be something imo. His offensive awareness in NHL 15 is 98 :sarcasm:

oilz89*

lol you relax just saying what i thought, i love his skating and reach out there

lol I'm just saying that I'm sick of all the people hard knocking him even though they don't even know anything about the player aka Jets fans (not saying you don't know anything about him)

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB
lol I'm just saying that I'm sick of all the people hard knocking him even though they don't even know anything about the player aka Jets fans (not saying you don't know anything about him)

it was the first 10 mins of a summer scrimage, i thought he played okay, you can see so much raw talent, i think he needs to slow the game down a little more when he plays, ive watched a few games of his this year and during our training camp.

i think he'll gain poise and composure with time

oilz89*

it was the first 10 mins of a summer scrimage, i thought he played okay, you can see so much raw talent, i think he needs to slow the game down a little more when he plays, ive watched a few games of his this year and during our training camp.

i think he'll gain poise and composure with time

Yeah lots of talent. Just needs time to gain experience and to develop more

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
This is my first time watching Chase play.

Just seems to be one of those guys who pisses off the opposing team just by existing. Having those guys on your team is pretty useful as long as they aren't taking penalties themself.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
that was sick

I can't watch the game. What are your thoughts on his game??

Hes doing everything he can to get under the other teams skin, doing a nice job agitating. His skating looks great and he's been handling the puck well too.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Chase looks like a gem. I love how hard he hustles and the way he keeps agitating. Nurse's been playing solid at his own end. He's damn fast, jesus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad