Charlottetown Islanders: Official 2015-2016 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Henley to Valdor for 2018 first 2016 2nd 2017 2nd

Love it for us. Henley was going home either way and for them to give us fair value back is amazing. Now lets hope Sonier uses those picks to fill the hole on Defence!!!

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
Henley to Valdor for 2018 first 2016 2nd 2017 2nd

Love it for us. Henley was going home either way and for them to give us fair value back is amazing. Now lets hope Sonier uses those picks to fill the hole on Defence!!!

player or a 2nd is going back at draft

ItsSomerTime

May 7, 2013
Cornwall, PE, Canada
Looks like we are loading up.

I think that is the wrong decision. Should have sold 19s and 20s and loaded up for next year IMO. Even if I think we would to significantly upgrade 2 of our current D to even be competitive with the top 7-8 teams in the league. Probably need to add another center to upgrade O'Brien too.

If we load up and lose in 6-7 games to a good team in round one I think it will be a huge disappointment.

qmjhlisles

Apr 8, 2014
Montague, PEI Canada
It is what it is we have sold off so many times only to fail at rebuilding let Granttry to turn the year around we have never seen a year where we haven't actually bought.

ItsSomerTime

May 7, 2013
Cornwall, PE, Canada
It is what it is we have sold off so many times only to fail at rebuilding let Granttry to turn the year around we have never seen a year where we haven't actually bought.

I only remember selling once. Savard would sell a bit and buy a bit every trade period. People talk like a sell has to be a full on fire sale. It doesn't. You can sell off one year assets and load up for next year.

It will be nice to see some better hockey in the 2nd half, but just seems odd to be buying when we are 2nd last in the league.

If we moved Sprong, McDonald, Weber, Cooper, Henley, and Goulet for players that would be back next year or for picks that could be moved for good players for next year we could have a real power house team next year.

16/17 Lines if we sold this deadline:

?????? - Chlapik(19) - Kennedy(20)
Balmas(18) - Kielly(20) -
Getson(18) - Chaddock(19) - Boudrias(17)
Gervais(17) - ?? - Foley(18)

- Deschênes(19)
PO Joseph(17) - Thompson(19)
Smith(18) - Comeau(19)

????
Welsh(17)

Add in a good 20yo D and goalie. Add 2-3 good forwards and a veteran D. That could be a real contending team.

I would rather contend next season than say "hey, well at least we bought for once" this season and be a bottom 3 team again for the two seasons.

qmjhlisles

Apr 8, 2014
Montague, PEI Canada
There's no guarantee Soron won't be back next year. We have blown the team up before and 13 years later still the same results. Just enjoy the superstar in Sprong
And enjoy the ride. Next year still isn't shot even if Sprong
And Mason move on.

wingmanpei

Jul 1, 2006
PEI, Canada
IMO Sonier has to either crap or get off the pot. This will likely be the last year for guys like McDonald, Blais and Sprong....either build around them for a run this year and go for broke or move them for a run down the road. The worse thing would be to add just a little in the hopes they can surprise in the playoffs, that is too Savard-ish. My concern is Sonier does things just to keep his job rather than doing what is best for the team.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Damn that was a tough loss today...
Welsh played his ass off, and personally think hes one of the best 16 year old goalies we've had in the QMJHL in recent memory.

Sprong was good, nothing great if you ask me. He played ALOT of minutes in all situations So he was tired as hell but i just find that if he doesnt have the puck he doesn't skate as hard or as fast as he can.

Joseph, is by far my favorite defenceman on the Isles. The kid is 16 and playing as good as an 18 year old guy. Took a little bit of an undisplined penalty but the kid stood up for himself after that. Watch out for him in years to come

Thompson. Man this guy disappoints me every time i see him play.. demoted to 3rd pairing today and even then i couldn't stand when he was on the ice.

Blais kinda disappointed me for his debut, kind of invisible if you ask me.

Cooper finally looks rejuvenated! Played like id expect from a 20 today! Even got a goal for his efforts!

Of course i am just an amateur so what do i know haha but really the Wildcats completely dominanted that whole game really, and if it wasnt for Welsh it woulda been a much bigger loss

wingmanpei

Jul 1, 2006
PEI, Canada
I like Vanier and like they only gave up a 5th for him but they need a top pairing defenseman, not sure if Vanier is that guy. Will be interesting to see what they do for ice time for Joseph, right now with this trade it makes him the 7th D. If they are wanting to make some noise this season, more work is needed to the blue line, IMO

wingmanpei

Jul 1, 2006
PEI, Canada
Please tell me that Sonier will be doing more than trading for guys like Vanier and Leblond. In a year that we are supposed to be contending, we are fighting for a playoff spot in a league where all but 2 teams make it and this is what he is doing??? These trades do not significantly improve the club for this year and does nothing for beyond this season. I know there are a few days left in the trading period but what is the plan? What is the goal? To me it looks like Sonier is just trying to save his job, time for him to go...and go now. It is the PEI Rocket all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad