Player Discussion Charlie McAvoy VI re-signed, 8 yrs @ 9.5 aav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
So happy this got done the way it did!

After seeing what other team had to shell out this contract is absolutely fantastic.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Great deal for the Bruins, McAvoy backing on an expanded offensive role by then. Even if Krug is still there taking up that PP1 spot I expect McAvoy still gets paid. He been the Bruins #1 even strength defenseman since he first stepped on the ice. By the time the Bruins need to resign him Pasta will probably be the highest contract on the team at under $7mil. Backes, Krejci and Rask all up year prior.

TCDaniels

Legen... Wait for it
Feb 12, 2003
Maine
For some reason this just makes me happy:

Toronto Maple Leafs:

Auston Matthews - $11.634
John Tavares – $11.000
Mitch Marner - $10,893

Total – 3 forwards - $33.527

---

Boston Bruins:

Patrice Bergeron - $6.875
David Pastrnak - $6.666
Brad Marchand – $6.125
Charlie MacAvoy – $4.900
Zdeno Chara – $2.000
Tuukka Rask – $7.000

Total – Starting Lineup - $33.566

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Just heard that Chabot signed an 8 year deal with the Sens at 8M/ year cap hit.
This can only help Boston on the next contract with Big Mac.

Maybe? Problem is a lot can change in 3 years and that's just with the cap. If McAvoy manages a Norris or a Norris finalist then it'll start to jack up his next deal.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
So out of curiosity do you guys think he's gonna grow a bit more offensively once/if Krug moves on? McAvoy is a phenomenal young player, and just wondering from a fantasy perspective if his offensive stats still have room to grow once more opportunity may be there.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
So out of curiosity do you guys think he's gonna grow a bit more offensively once/if Krug moves on? McAvoy is a phenomenal young player, and just wondering from a fantasy perspective if his offensive stats still have room to grow once more opportunity may be there.

hes reminding me more of a glen Wesley/nick Boynton... or maybe jay Bouwmeester from flames history

I think dmen with the talent to produce points... just dont end up producing points without something of a gambling mentality to nose their way to the net.

hes going to need to produce more points if he wants to become a Norris contender like some predict... and he will end up getting paid a lot more if he does put up a 55-60 point season... so maybe its in his future?

I wouldnt necessarily bet on it though. I dont see a hungar in his play to take the puck or to force offense. he just seems to be a very talented kid that takes the opportunities that are presented and focuses more on being defensively sound

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
1st PP stays out too long for the 2nd to get enough time to get set up. If Krug is here he won’t get PP1 duty.

I don’t think we want him changing his game to go for 70+ points.

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

member 96824

A couple of nights ago...5 on 5 play, somehow Charlie was the man in front of the net trying to tip a puck home

It baffled me..but I love Cassidy’s confidence to let the D men free wheel

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
tonight was his best game of the season. Involved all night offensively and really physical defensively. I know he has left some people wanting more, but tonight I felt like he was the guy we expect every night.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
tonight was his best game of the season. Involved all night offensively and really physical defensively. I know he has left some people wanting more, but tonight I felt like he was the guy we expect every night.

Kid's already a great player . Vakk was great last night as well. Lots to like about Bjork's game too.

Playing a big heavy team and these kids where the best Bruins on the ice

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad