Player Discussion Charlie McAvoy - part III.

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Charlie struggled quite a bit these playoffs. He had a good game here and there, but overall his lack of experience and perhaps not being 100% hampered his play and decision making. This was a great learning experience for him and I have zero doubt he will come back next season a better player. He has all the tools and the right attitude.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Charlie struggled quite a bit these playoffs. He had a good game here and there, but overall his lack of experience and perhaps not being 100% hampered his play and decision making. This was a great learning experience for him and I have zero doubt he will come back next season a better player. He has all the tools and the right attitude.

it`s not a coincidence that the moment we read/heard about him taking off a ton of tape or wrapping to help protect his leg, he suddenly started to look/play stronger.

He`ll be fine, tis a shame we didn`t get to see the 100% healthy CM

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
so how much $ is his contract extension gonna net him? ekblad signed an 8-year, $60M deal.
hedman's (different as he wasn't just out of ELC) was 8 years, $63 schmill. i believe they can extend
him on july 1, with just 1 year left on his current ELC.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Give him Brad Marchand money:

49M/8y

Even though it's really just one full year, he played the entire season really on the top pair, I'd have no problem putting him in that 6 million per wheelhouse that the rest of the core group is in if it can get him locked up for the next 6-8 seasons after his current deal.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Even though it's really just one full year, he played the entire season really on the top pair, I'd have no problem putting him in that 6 million per wheelhouse that the rest of the core group is in if it can get him locked up for the next 6-8 seasons after his current deal.
Would be a steal in a couple years if they could do this. I imagine that his agent will ask for a bridge deal though, but we shall see.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
It's gonna be interesting to see what kind of deals Werenski and Provorov eventually get, as you'd imagine McTruck will get something similar. All three are up at the same time. The agents will probably play the waiting game.

Gotta say, I don't care how much they pay him. I'm just glad he's a Bruin!

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Ummm... sorry but the best D man we've had since Bourque has been Chara the past decade.... I love me some McAvoy but he's not prime time Chara just yet...

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Ummm... sorry but the best D man we've had since Bourque has been Chara the past decade.... I love me some McAvoy but he's not prime time Chara just yet...

OOF- I forgot about Chara!!! It's been a long day, that's my only excuse :oops:. Best D-Man since Chara, pay him and lock him up.

I know, I meant best D man we've drafted since Bourque, yeah that's the ticket

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Would be a steal in a couple years if they could do this. I imagine that his agent will ask for a bridge deal though, but we shall see.

I think 8 years with a rising salary cap that number is a massive bargain for the Bruins. 5-6 years it's more palatable I think to the McAvoy camp.

Reactions: NDiesel

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
For Charlie McAvoy, it all came tumbling down quickly - The Boston Globe

McAvoy struggled when he first returned, acknowledging he “didn’t feel like myself,” but he started regaining confidence late in the first-round series against the Maple Leafs before really turning a corner against the Lightning.

“You guys were trying to figure out where the old Charlie McAvoy is,” he said. “It’s been me the whole time. It’s just not easy coming back from an injury like that.

“So, I had to be patient with myself, a lot more than other people were. I was going to find my game and I feel like I did in that last series.’’

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
For Charlie McAvoy, it all came tumbling down quickly - The Boston Globe

McAvoy struggled when he first returned, acknowledging he “didn’t feel like myself,” but he started regaining confidence late in the first-round series against the Maple Leafs before really turning a corner against the Lightning.

“You guys were trying to figure out where the old Charlie McAvoy is,” he said. “It’s been me the whole time. It’s just not easy coming back from an injury like that.

“So, I had to be patient with myself, a lot more than other people were. I was going to find my game and I feel like I did in that last series.’’

Sounds like Charlie is giving the knights of the keyboard a little what fer there

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
My only complaint about Charlie is that he needs to SHOOT MORE. He has a cannon of a shot and it's usually low and accurate. If he used it more it would really open up a lot more options for him and result in a lot of deflection goals too.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
My only complaint about Charlie is that he needs to SHOOT MORE. He has a cannon of a shot and it's usually low and accurate. If he used it more it would really open up a lot more options for him and result in a lot of deflection goals too.

I think he'll use it more as he physically matures. All in good time.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think he'll use it more as he physically matures. All in good time.

That and I think as he gets over being a rookie- seems like a lot of young players, especially d-men, tend to defer to the veterans and will pass it before shooting. Once Charlie is clear in his own mind that he is a core player for the team, he'll likely shoot more (we hope).

Reactions: Estlin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad