Player Discussion Charlie McAvoy - part III.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
My God. I was shopping and got the alert from Bleacher Report, you could've knocked me over with a feather. Honestly, I felt sick to my stomach when I read it.
Have had a terrific headache since.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
The Herald has an article today "Resurgent Torey Krug big reason why Bruins are streaking" in my opinion its MCavoy and his steady 23 minutes a night. This has allowed the Bruins to have three solid D-lines. Get better kid

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Awesome news! Glad that it was nothing too serious and that the ablation went well. Can't wait to see him back on the ice soon. If this were Backes, though, he'd be suited up tomorrow night. :sarcasm:

:laugh::laugh:

Get well soon Charlie! We already miss you!

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Man, this kid was having such a good year, it's unfair. I just hope he gets the right medical treatment.

I can't help but think of when Phil Kessel was having a good rookie year and then got diagnosed with cancer

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Awesome news! Glad that it was nothing too serious and that the ablation went well. Can't wait to see him back on the ice soon. If this were Backes, though, he'd be suited up tomorrow night. :sarcasm:

If he’s back for the game against the Blues I’ll be happy.

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH
It's not that big of a surprise, he was at the Patriots game last night and he's not used to heart palpitations the way us older Boston sports fans are. ;) Get well soon, CMac (and if it helps, please know that I had palpitations when I got the news about your condition, too! :) )

Reactions: ProdigalFan and BMC

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
"but Bruins team internist Dr. David Finn issued a statement today saying McAvoy’s form of the abnormal heart rhythm is not considered to be dangerous."

Now that's what I wanted to hear...
How can an abnormal heart rhythm not be dangerous? And if not, why even treat it? Seems like some optimistic/positive spin

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland

If it was Backes they would have done it in between periods with a blowtorch. He has reached almost Chuck Norris levels with his toughness.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Get well soon Charlie, I`ll look at this from two positive perspectives if I can,

1- it appears based on what I`m reading, this procedure should eliminate future issues and

2- 2 weeks off, not that CM was slowing down at all but gives the kid a bit of a breather

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Get well soon Charlie, I`ll look at this from two positive perspectives if I can,

1- it appears based on what I`m reading, this procedure should eliminate future issues and

2- 2 weeks off, not that CM was slowing down at all but gives the kid a bit of a breather
I have had two ablations....6 months apart and the first one did not stick....But i was 53 and had a lot more dead tissue in my heart obstructing blood flow and causing the irregular heartbeat. Since June of 2015 the second ablation.......My heart beats perfectly and even when i run the treadmill or outside i have had no problems....

If this was 15-20 years ago, Charlie may have had to hang em up.......But this is now a fairly simple procedure.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I almost had a heart attack watching the news this morning.. I didn't hear about this and saw a crawl at the bottom of the screen saying something about Charlie getting heart surgery or some shit.

Glad this is getting resolved way before the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad