Player Discussion Charlie McAvoy - part III.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Sweeney needs to sign him on July 1st to a 8y extension. Don't wait the extra year. Will only cost you more.

Wonder what it would take... 52M/8y is my guess

With Doughty and Karlsson about to raise the bar for all D-men in the summer of 2019, if I'm his agent I'm not touching that offer.

But I was off on the Pastrnak and Marchand extensions by roughly 1-1.5 million per, so who knows.

I mean, that offer is essentially the same as the 1st extensions signed by Karlsson and Doughty, but those were signed in the summer of 2012 and 2011 respectively. With the cap speculated to rise maybe even as much as 5 millon this summer, 6.5 per seems below-market value for a young D-man of his caliber.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Read today he has Dr Appointment and not at practice and could be a scratch tomorrow .Never said what it was about so let me take first stab..My guess is wisdom teeth

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Read today he has Dr Appointment and not at practice and could be a scratch tomorrow .Never said what it was about so let me take first stab..My guess is wisdom teeth

I wouldn't bet against that. It's certainly something you can schedule in advance and could be fine almost immediately afterward or could result in an inability to function at a high level/play hockey for a day or so. Everyone responds differently.

I was also thinking gall bladder removal, but usually you'd need a week or two to recover from that and they'd most certainly rule him out instead of questionable for tomorrow if that was the case.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
just hoping it's not some nagging injury that they were hoping would heal itself but hasn't, or something more serious like blood clots.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.

He will be monitored overnight at Mass General and the expected recovery period is two weeks.

Danggggg, will he miss these 5?

Game on the 6th of February at Detroit.

Tue, Jan 23
7:00 PMTSNNESN294 available from $58
Thu, Jan 25
7:30 PMNESN864 available from $16
Tue, Jan 30
7:00 PMNESN1,283 available from $43
FEBRUARYOPPONENTTIME (ET)TVLOCAL TVTICKETS
Thu, Feb 1
7:00 PMRSNENESN1,213 available from $43
Sat, Feb 3
7:00 PMNESN633 available from $138
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
An ablation is not routine. I have had two of them for AFIB. Which is when your heart skips irregularly. The ablation for me was they burnt dead heart tissue which was causing the blood through my heart to beat irregular. Once the dead tissue healed my heart skipped normally. I am 2 1/2 times older then Charlie, so his heart is far less damaged...But he might have went into AFIB. The ablation is when they go up your groin and fix whatever is wrong that makes the heart skip irregular. He is lucky they detected it. Not detecting can cause stroke.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
An ablation is not routine. I have had two of them for AFIB. Which is when your heart skips irregularly. The ablation for me was they burnt dead heart tissue which was causing the blood through my heart to beat irregular. Once the dead tissue healed my heart skipped normally. I am 2 1/2 times older then Charlie, so his heart is far less damaged...But he might have went into AFIB. The ablation is when they go up your groin and fix whatever is wrong that makes the heart skip irregular. He is lucky they detected it. Not detecting can cause stroke.

He went into SVT which is different than A-Fib.

Reactions: ProdigalFan

busman21

Dec 11, 2006
Boston
If I recall correctly, Rich Peverley was going to wait to get an ablation until after the season a few years ago and it turned out, as we all know, kind of terrifying when he collapsed in that game. Better for Chucky to get this taken care of electively and non-urgently.

The question here is which type of supraventricular tachycardia Chucky had and without knowing it;s hard to speculate as to what it means. Based on the article I think he will be ok

busman21

Dec 11, 2006
Boston
He went into SVT which is different than A-Fib.

Actually, Afib is one of the 4 main types of SVT along with WPW, paroxysmal SVT, and atrial flutter. It can get confusing though and SVT is really a big catch all term and is sort of nonspecific and likely used on purpose by the B's to not arise any speculation based on which it actually was

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
He will be monitored overnight at Mass General and the expected recovery period is two weeks.

Danggggg, will he miss these 5?

Game on the 6th of February at Detroit.

Tue, Jan 237:00 PMTSNNESN294 available from $58
Thu, Jan 257:30 PMNESN864 available from $16
Tue, Jan 307:00 PMNESN1,283 available from $43
FEBRUARYOPPONENTTIME (ET)TVLOCAL TVTICKETS
Thu, Feb 17:00 PMRSNENESN1,213 available from $43
Sat, Feb 37:00 PMNESN633 available from $138
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Well that kinda settles the McQuaid/Carlo/Miller who sits question for a lil bit now doesn't it?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Actually, Afib is one of the 4 main types of SVT along with WPW, paroxysmal SVT, and atrial flutter. It can get confusing though and SVT is really a big catch all term and is sort of nonspecific and likely used on purpose by the B's to not arise any speculation based on which it actually was

Ah that's right. SVT = supraventricular (above the ventricles). Atrial Flutter/Fib both originate from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad