Player Discussion Charlie McAvoy II - UPDATE 4/10 Signed ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I'm the biggest Krug fan on the planet so meh, I don't have an argument. Krug will be the teacher, no doubt about it. But that crisp flick-of-the-wrist style that McAvoy has shown is remarkable. Krug is never too old to learn a trick or two.

Marchand-Bergeron-Krejci-Pastrnak
Krug-McAvoy

Teams better be careful being up by only 1 in the last minute... :laugh:

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Is McAvoy now the team's #1 Dman from here on out?

Certainly starting to look that way.

It's still Chara and if Krug were healthy he'd still be #2.

His move up to #1 on the team should happen fairly quickly. It might even be a 'blink and you missed it' ascension but it's not there yet.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
McAvoy is the number 1 D now and hopefully for a very very long time.

Next year defense could be:

Krug-McAvoy
Chara-Carlo
K.Miller

And the best of McQuaid, C.Miller, Morrow, O'Gara, Cross, Lauzon, Zboril, Johansson...

That looks solid to me.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
McAvoy is the number 1 D now and hopefully for a very very long time.

Next year defense could be:

Krug-McAvoy
Chara-Carlo
K.Miller

And the best of McQuaid, C.Miller, Morrow, O'Gara, Cross, Lauzon, Zboril, Johansson...

That looks solid to me.

I agree.

Though the forwards are starting to worry me.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
McAvoy's emergence could end up being something of a turning point for this franchise.

Too bad this team's core will be way past its prime when he is a stud.

Having said that, McAvoy has been the best Bruins player in the playoffs so far.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

Having said that, McAvoy has been the best Bruins player in the playoffs so far.

Meh, how many teams have had more first round picks over the last few years than the Bruins? The core right now is on the older side but the draft picks we've had pan out then we'll be fine

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

Not if bruins can sign bjork and the other guys turn in

JFK, senyshyn, bjork, donato all have top 6 potential

Heinen, debrusk have top 6 potential but better bets to be 3rd line players

Our d looks pretty well set up with Krug Carlo and MaCavoy as a steady top 3 with a handful of young guys that show top 4 promise

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
bright future

But he has messed up 2 games in a row now, where it has led to giving up crucial goals

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
McAvoy's emergence could end up being something of a turning point for this franchise.

It's amazing how quickly he stepped up and in how big of a stage... I know he'll have some growing pains but right now he looks like a seasoned veteran. Im so confused.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
When was the last time a Dman out-minuted Chara? Not including games Z got injured in.

4 games into his NHL career and the kid is already a Clydesdale.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
crazy that this kid is, hands down, the most poised D-man this team has over the first 4 games

Doesn`t mean he hasn`t made mistakes but he sure hasn`t made as many as I anticipated.

Like to see him take that puck up ice last night a bit more as he did on that one chance he had last night but I think as he gets more comfortable he`ll do it

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Another great pick by Sweeney.

Already one of the top-D on the team. Next few years are going to be a lot of fun.

Was the best D on the team yesterday. Starting to get more confortable and was making some nice rushes yesterday.

Great shot on the Acciari tip goal.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Another great pick by Sweeney.

Already one of the top-D on the team. Next few years are going to be a lot of fun.

Was the best D on the team yesterday. Starting to get more confortable and was making some nice rushes yesterday.

Great shot on the Acciari tip goal.

yep, many, especially young players, would have tried to fire a slap shot through the crowd. Kid`s just got "it", still work to do but man am I looking forward to watching this kid grow

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
he's best defenseman.
I want him to carry the puck even more tomorrow. They back up when he comes up with the puck

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
I was his biggest critic while at BU - thought he was all over the ice, went for big hit and was out of position. That being said - he has reeled it in and played really well. Granted he was partially at fault for puck watching in the goal last game but that will happen to young defenseman. Overall he has played great. One a side note - he threw a puck up to a kid pre game and fist bumped the glass to the kid - I know its stupid but that says a lot to me as a person. Thats the stuff I look for.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
crazy that this kid is, hands down, the most poised D-man this team has over the first 4 games

Doesn`t mean he hasn`t made mistakes but he sure hasn`t made as many as I anticipated.

Like to see him take that puck up ice last night a bit more as he did on that one chance he had last night but I think as he gets more comfortable he`ll do it
He will do that regularly next year. Add Krug and Carlo , one more reasonably good year out of Chara and the D looks not bad at all for next year. I would like to see them infuse some young blood on the front lines and away we go . I am as disappointed as anybody right now but it just isn't our year.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
He will do that regularly next year. Add Krug and Carlo , one more reasonably good year out of Chara and the D looks not bad at all for next year. I would like to see them infuse some young blood on the front lines and away we go . I am as disappointed as anybody right now but it just isn't our year.

I think Z will be great as a 4,5 even 6 D. Fantastic penalty killer but the rest of his game is slowly falling apart in my opinion.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I think all the forwards really need is a top 6 winger with some size and finish. Those guys are super easy to find, right?

:sarcasm:

Well Sweeney tried to get that guy three times already (Hayes, Beleskey and Backes) and failed each time. So confidence has to be pretty low he can address this right?

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I think the kid's been very good but he'll need to be twice as good if he's the future #1. Seeing this team playing very good defense with the opposing #1 D being the difference maker.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Chucky Mac has been the silver lining to this black cloud of a series. Really excited to see how develops along with Carlo.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Definitely the one bright spot of this series. Man I think this team contends next year with him and Carlo playing a full season.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think Z will be great as a 4,5 even 6 D. Fantastic penalty killer but the rest of his game is slowly falling apart in my opinion.

2 occasions last night the camera panned onto the Bruin bench and onto McAvoy, sitting next to him was Z, talking, McAvoy looking him right in the eyes taking it all in. Now, I`ve never played at this level but have played enough to know the value of being alongside guys who have "been there" and share/coach/mentor/encourage and these moments in the games and I suspect in practice will be what we`ll learn down the road that helped Charlie a ton when he references learning from having such a great mentor like Z

The kid is learning, made some mistakes that lead to big Sens goals. But...you play a kid, let alone one with no NHL experience, no matter how talented, they`ll make mistakes. He`ll learn from it, and grow from it. There`s exposure to playoff life in the NHL (JFK) and that has value, there`s experience of playoff life getting 6-10 mins of TOI, then there`s what he`s gotten and earned, a ton of minutes against teams top lines.

Priceless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad