Value of: Charlie Coyle to Buffalo

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don't see that it makes sense for MN to trade him after a down year. Has a very reasonable contract, and fills a lot of holes for the Wild. BUFF could conceivably offer Nylander+, but unless MN has a very good feeling about him I don't see it. Alternatively, Buff would only offer Nylander if they thought he was a bad bet.

After last year there was talk of Coyle for Reinhart. Seems kind of a lateral move for both teams, even now. Personally, I've never been impressed with Reinhart, but maybe he's just one of those guys who you have to watch a lot of to appreciate it.

I think the Wild would be wise to hang onto Coyle and Nino for this year at least. They are good players due for a rebound after injury filled, disappointing, seasons.

Coyle is the only RH forward in the top 9, and his draws have improved with the new rules. MN would be reluctant to lose both assets.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'd do Coyle for Reinhart. Not interested in Nylander+ and not interested in McCabe in any deal.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Oh, you WOULD do Coyle for Reinhart?

And I would do Beaulieu for Dumba.
I know you're just following time-honored board traditions, but the only thing Reinhart has on Coyle right now is that he's 4 years younger. Beaulieu has never been nearly as good as Dumba.

Anyway, I wouldn't blame Sabres fans for not going for it, but there's not much else to build a deal for Coyle around.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Oh please. Reinhart is not the second coming. He's a meh player on a BAD team.
In 5 seasons Coyle has 2 seasons of 42 points or more. Reinharts has scored 42 or more in EVERY season of his 3 year career. Coyle’s career high in goals is 21. Reinhart has had more in 2 of his 3 seasons.

And, Reinhart plays on the worst team in the league. Give me a break.

Beaulieu for Dumba was obviously an exaggeration to make a point but don’t act like Reinhart for Coyle is an even trade.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
We overrate Coyle in every trade proposal.. idk why.. he's never had an above average season
56 points in 2016-17 is above average by most definitions I can think of. He's a good 2RW that had a down year for understandable reasons. There's no reason to trade him now if his value is low.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Beaulieu for Dumba was obviously an exaggeration to make a point but don’t act like Reinhart for Coyle is an even trade.

It's not an even trade, you're right, it's what the price would be if Buffalo wanted Coyle as per the OP (a Buffalo fan).

Reactions: iSophagus

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
We don't need Charlie Coyle. I'd rather aim for the left winger.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
It's -your- price, aye.
He would only be traded in an attempt to make the team better next season if not at the very least the season after. So picks are out, and prospects need to be blue chip with high ceilings. Anyone left shot is immediately out unless it's a silly over payment because LW and LHD are both flooded already. So the needs would be Centers who are ideally right shots, RW's, potentially RHD's though the need isn't strong enough to trade Coyle, and goalie prospects which also won't involve Coyle.

Now look at your roster. Who fits the bill? So in answer to the OP of what the price would be of Coyle for Buffalo, the answer is Reinhart because of the 4 forwards on your team last year who would start the conversation of Coyle from the Wild, two are already gone, one's your franchise player and the other is Reinhart.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
It's not an even trade, you're right, it's what the price would be if Buffalo wanted Coyle as per the OP (a Buffalo fan).
Obviously the Sabres wouldn’t want Coyle at the expense of Reinhart. Coyle would only be in addition to.

And I’m not sure why a Sabres fan is looking to acquire him. They need LW or higher quality bottom 6. With Berglund, Larsson, Girgensons on the roster and Asplund and Malone on their way, they don’t necessarily need more C.

Unless they are moving Okposo, there isn’t a spot for Coyle, especially at Reinhart prices.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Obviously the Sabres wouldn’t want Coyle at the expense of Reinhart. Coyle would only be in addition to.

And I’m not sure why a Sabres fan is looking to acquire him. They need LW or higher quality bottom 6. With Berglund, Larsson, Girgensons on the roster and Asplund and Malone on their way, they don’t necessarily need more C.

Unless they are moving Okposo, there isn’t a spot for Coyle, especially at Reinhart prices.

There's room for Coyle if we trade Reinhart. :sarcasm:

I'd say it's utter nonsense for the Sabres--because why would any team want to simultaneously get less talented and older?--but Botterill did just make the ROR trade so...

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
It's fine to not want Reinhart in the deal, but if he's not involved, what are you going to use to get Coyle?

Something around Alex Nylander? Or something around Jake McCabe++.

What is Minnesota looking for.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Reinhart is obviously a nonstarter. But the sabres need top 9 depth in any fashion...center, lw, rw...the only salvageable argument for this underwhelming roster is it's versatility. Literally everyone but okposo projected in our top 9 can play multiple positions giving us options.

Coyle is a solid target depending on ask. I've suggested tacking foligno on with him for further cap relief for minny and depth for buffalo...makes to much sense.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Reinhart is obviously a nonstarter. But the sabres need top 9 depth in any fashion...center, lw, rw...the only salvageable argument for this underwhelming roster is it's versatility. Literally everyone but okposo projected in our top 9 can play multiple positions giving us options.

Coyle is a solid target depending on ask. I've suggested tacking foligno on with him for further cap relief for minny and depth for buffalo...makes to much sense.

You're not getting Coyle for cheaper just because you take Foligno.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad