Waived: Charles Hudon & Charlie Lindgren Clear Waivers (Assigned to Laval)

Will either player be claimed?

• Total voters

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I’m sure they both got waived because of the timing of other teams still mulling over who makes their team and what not.

It might be the best time to send down the tweeners in the hopes of them slipping through.

You think they want Lindgren to clear? not sure about this....

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
If they both clear should stack the AHL team.
I feel like McNiven has perhaps surpassed Lindgren at this point. I am hoping another team nabs Charlie, leaving Primeau and McNiven to split time in Laval.

Hudon would certainly add to Lavals talent though.

Reactions: scrubadam

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

07Nwwcp.gif

:sarcasm:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Ouch. That must hurt for Hudon.

I hope he plays well in the AHL and gets a call up sometimes, mrb1p would be happy to see him back.

If that hurts, that means Hudon wasn't expecting it.
And, well, he should've been expecting it.

Reactions: 26Mats

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
@Adam Michaels : Would it be possible to add a quick poll to the thread?

A poll that closes just before tomorrow's waivers at noon (I'm assuming that's the deadline).

May I suggest 4 options?

Which of the following will occur:

1. Hudon alone will get claimed.
2. Lindgren alone will get claimed.
3. Both Hudon and Lindgren will get claimed.
4. Both Hudon and Lindgren will pass thru waivers like buttah.

Thanks in advance for considering it.

Reactions: Canadienna

Jul 6, 2016
I feel like McNiven has perhaps surpassed Lindgren at this point. I am hoping another team nabs Charlie, leaving Primeau and McNiven to split time in Laval.

Hudon would certainly add to Lavals talent though.

I hope Lindgren gonna play in Laval. I don't think Primeau nor McNiven can carry the load.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
I hope Lindgren gonna play in Laval. I don't think Primeau nor McNiven can carry the load.
Yah, but I think the two of them together could. I don't think a team will pick him up though with his one-way contract.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
guys,

Hudon is another Daniel Carr...another Sherback...another Sven Andrighetto....Mike Condon..the list goes on...

When Montreal waives you, your NHL career is pretty much done(that's a fact)...We seen it so many times....

Last edited:

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Lol come on theres no WAY Hudon gets claimed...who the hell, even bottom feeders, are looking at hudon right now going "oh yeah...thats the guy, thats what were missing baby"

They wouldn't say that though. They'd say "Hmmm... maybe we can do something with this guy, let's take the chance."

I don't think anybody gets the piece they are missing off waivers, unless you're talking about the once in a blue moon Martin St. Louis deal that was TOTALLY a Maybe We Can Do Something With This Guy deal at first.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
what has he really shown to date?????

Not much but he's cheap, under a million, If a team has a more expensive backup, cap issues, and no better option for the backup role AKA you want to play your kids on entry-level deals and not sit them, Lindgren is as good as any to sit on the bench for 55-60 games.

They can claim Lindgren and ditch the other guy, saving some money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad