NFL: Chargers fire Brandon Staley and Tom Telasco

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Good f***ing riddance. Telesco being shitcanned is also a win. Guy got three head coaching hires with Staley, Anthony Lynn and Mike McCoy. All three of them sucked.

"I'm still calling the plays." Yeah, in Madden maybe, Brandon. My biggest beef with him is his fetish for going for it on 4th down in his own territory when the situation didn't call for it. Dan Campbell has also kinda fell into this loop as well.

I could legit see Kellen Moore being a legit option to go from interim to full HC given his rep and Spanos being a cheap bastard. Tall order given the QB situation. Ideally they go big time with Harbaugh assuming he finally leaves Michigan or Belichick if him and the Patriots part.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Good f***ing riddance. Telesco being shitcanned is also a win. Guy got three head coaching hires with Staley, Anthony Lynn and Mike McCoy. All three of them sucked.

"I'm still calling the plays." Yeah, in Madden maybe, Brandon. My biggest beef with him is his fetish for going for it on 4th down in his own territory when the situation didn't call for it. Dan Campbell has also kinda fell into this loop as well.

I could legit see Kellen Moore being a legit option to go from interim to full HC given his rep and Spanos being a cheap bastard. Tall order given the QB situation. Ideally they go big time with Harbaugh assuming he finally leaves Michigan or Belichick if him and the Patriots part.

Once Riverboat Ron is out the door in Washington, that’s another head coaching spot available

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Once Riverboat Ron is out the door in Washington, that’s another head coaching spot available
If i'm a prospective coach i'm gunning for the Chargers job 11 out of 10 times.

The Commies have nothing going for them. The Chargers have most of the important pieces you need to coach a good team.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

The Commies have nothing going for them. The Chargers have most of the important pieces you need to coach a good team.

The Chargers have pieces, they need an offensive minded head coach.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Carolina, LV, LAC, for sure.

Wash, new owner so likely clean house.
With Chicago unknown. Imo if you opt to draft a QB have to make a HC change otherwise you end up back at the Nagy situation again. Give the HC 3-4 years with a new QB.
NO if they don’t make it, would be 2 years in a row being short of expections when the Division winner likely only 9-8 again.
NE with BB might be time.
Pitt, same as NE with Tomlin.

Buffalo, depends on how they finish this season.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Spanos finally had enough... Next time hire a decent GM maybe. I mean one that actually knows how to hire a halfway decent coach.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Spanos finally had enough... Next time hire a decent GM maybe. I mean one that actually knows how to hire a halfway decent coach.
Probably a budget for the HC, which is why they went young and unproven vs a more seasoned coach.

They could have made a move in the past off-season with Payton out there. Spanos didn't want to pay the $15 mill plus per for him.

Will Spanos pay that to Harbaugh cause you expect Chicago to make a play for him too.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Probably a budget for the HC, which is why they went young and unproven vs a more seasoned coach.

They could have made a move in the past off-season with Payton out there. Spanos didn't want to pay the $15 mill plus per for him.

Will Spanos pay that to Harbaugh cause you expect Chicago to make a play for him too.
Well , he needs to stop being cheap and change it up. Hiring a shiny assistant hasn't worked out . They need to go the proven route this time. I find it hilarious that the most successful coach they've had when it comes to winning playoff games since the mid 90s was Norv f***ing Turner . Lol.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Absolutely. Take the proven QB in Herbert vs hope either Caleb or Drake becomes a legit starter. Maybe one or both or neither is like Stroud and be excellent right away. But at least with Herbert you know what you have.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Well , he needs to stop being cheap and change it up. Hiring a shiny assistant hasn't worked out . They need to go the proven route this time. I find it hilarious that the most successful coach they've had when it comes to winning playoff games since the mid 90s was Norv f***ing Turner . Lol.
They’ve hired proven coaches before too. Very rarely do coaches move on elsewhere to have more success. The list is very short. Some of the greatest of all time, but that’s why it’s short.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Good. What a disgraceful season from the Chargers. Spend all that money and picks on defense and still suck that bad.

Lovie Smith is the guy.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
They’ve hired proven coaches before too. Very rarely do coaches move on elsewhere to have more success. The list is very short. Some of the greatest of all time, but that’s why it’s short.
Yeah I know . Marty , Norv ( was a head coach before) etc but the last 3 haven't been so I was just saying maybe it's time to change it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad