Post-Game Talk (GBU): Character win

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Anyone get a screen grab of the girl in the stands giving the blues the ole double 1 finger salute after the shorty? Lol

Bearbait

Mar 4, 2011
Anyone get a screen grab of the girl in the stands giving the blues the ole double 1 finger salute after the shorty? Lol

No, but I sure saw it, still LMAO, the disgust on her face just made it that much more funny!

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Eichel creates so many chances it's absurd, including the penalties he draws.

Resign Kane.

At the draft we need to trade our 1st rounder+ whatever it takes for a legit defensemen, like the Flames did with Hamilton. This team could be dominant with a better defense.

Re-sign Kane. #apostraphiesmatter

ThunderD

Jan 29, 2016
Crazy that at the age of 32 Josh Gorges is just done. He doesn't have the talent anymore to play a meaningful role. In his Montreal days he was a solid 2nd pairing guy and now he's done at 32. Montreal must have known the wheels were about to fall off and moved him. Wish he would have accepted the trade to Toronto so he didn't come here.

Don't forget that he had microfracture surgery on his knee in 2015. A lot of athletes who have microfracture surgery never make it back where they were before.

IIRC, Subban had his best games when paired with Gorges. Not that Risto is going to equal Subban, but wasn't the idea that pairing them together after acquiring him would help Risto's development? Some people even compared it to Tallinder and Myers. Looking at that, we definitely got what we wanted and can just let him ride into the sunset with Gionta and the rest. He expires when we have to reup Jack & Sam so it works out.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
One take-away from the St. Louis game: even when our defense is healthy, it's not that good (I know, I know, stop the presses). McCabe/Risto can hold their own, sure, but I have little confidence in the other two pairings, especially against quality opponents.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I mentioned in the GBU Eichel thread that my only issue with Jack is that he's capable of playing the way he did in the 3rd and OT agains Nashville all the time, and it seems like he doesn't know he can do that. In this game, that is exactly what he did. Total domination. Tarasenko is widely considered one of the premier players in the NHL, and he did not look like he was in Eichel's weight class last night.

I think, and hope that we are witnessing Jack becoming the player he's supposed to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad