Chara vs. John Scott (In Their Prime)

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Today's Chara wouldn't do too well due to the balance issue he has... the Chara of old would probably over match him, though.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Watching Chara in non-fight scrums make me think his technique is stronger; his hips are more fluid and he does a better job wrestling / with leverage. Chara's father was a really talented wrestler, and I'd bet Zdeno's done a bit of that in his life because you can see it. They're both giant, strong, smothering dudes, but I feel like Chara is better equipped to handle NOT having a size advantage.

Reactions: PhysicX

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Buffalo fan observation.

Scott fought to win. He either crushed his opponent, or got ko'd himself.

Entertaining fighter in an era where guys were holding on instead of throwing. Always respected him for that.

Chara was a better fighter, and while Scott would stand a punchers chance; Chara would knock him out.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I would say Chara is stronger but neither can actually fight so I'd think it would just be a big hugging/grappling match until the fell down.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
phil.png

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
Chara would bail and fall on purpose. Scott would win with his little rabbit punches If it stayed standing. He cheapshotted ivannas busted up koci who had no punching power and just had his nose broke from belak. Otherwise chars beat a over the hill cairns and a young tough inexperienced oleksiak his only two impressive wins. One of the most overrated fighters of all time.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Chara would bail and fall on purpose. Scott would win with his little rabbit punches If it stayed standing. He cheapshotted ivannas busted up koci who had no punching power and just had his nose broke from belak. Otherwise chars beat a over the hill cairns and a young tough inexperienced oleksiak his only two impressive wins. One of the most overrated fighters of all time.
He fought Oleksiak at the end of a minute and a half shift... a fresh Chara kills Oleksiak imo.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Chara's fighting ability was horrendous for his size, often resulting in a one swing and then a bear hug to the ice. I'd go with Scott.

Scott's fighting ability was terrible as well. He managed to dodge almost every serious heavy that was around while he was in the league.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Chara would grab the jersey. Scott would throw a underhand punch and Chara would lean too far back and fall over. The big fight I wanted was Scott vs Boogaard.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
If they stood and fought scott. If both players fought ad you'd expect, chara would end up on top of a hugfest.

I don't mean that as a slight to chara. Any of his teammates in miller, formerly mcquaid, formerly lucic could beat Scott on any given day.

As a poster said above Scott fought to win or lose. He'd either embarass you or himself.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Scott only has 2 NHL losses (Johnson and Orr). People can also argue that McLaren edged him out once. He is big and throws hard.

But, Chara, especially the last decade has been a beast even when taking on heavies. Chara has a few losses his first few years, but is practically undefeated in the past decade.

I would call it a draw.

TAYGB52

Sep 20, 2018
I never thought of either guy as a particularly good fighter. Just some big boys!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad