Chara vs. John Scott (In Their Prime)

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City

Chara crosschecks Scott in the face then wraps him up and says they aren't going to fight. Square off, Scott takes it. Scrum wrestle and sticks up, Chara would get away with Murder.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Chara takes a lot of flak for bearhugging and falling down, but honestly if you're Chara you'd be stupid to do anything else.

His hands are a lot more valuable doing things other than fighting, whereas those of most of the guys with enough size and sack to throw with him aren't. Like he should really have risked breaking a knuckle on John Scott's face.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Chara is being overrated here I think.

That big gazelle falls 4 seconds into most fights.

I've been a diehard Bruins fan for 30 years and absolutely love Chara, but what you said is true. I'd get excited when he would get into a fight but was pretty always dissapointed.

Reactions: Hagstrom

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Chara is strong but is a terrible fighter and always has been. He only has a couple dominating wins in his entire career and he's known for bailing out and "losing" his balance when he fights super tough guys.

If Chara was 6'2 nobody would ever consider him scary or a tough guy. He's big and strong but can't fight. He reminds me a little bit of Brock Lesnar as an mma fighter. Just a monster but is terrified of letting the hands go and is even more terrified of getting hit.

I'll take Scott because Chara would probably find a way to fall and drag Scott down once the punching started.

Reactions: Hagstrom

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Chara wasn't really a good fighter at all. Just had good reach and that was enough against non-fighters. He was in trouble with technical fighters. Lessard smoked him.

Scott would have torn him to pieces.

And neither would've stood a chance against another towering heavyweight like Boogaard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->