News Article: Changes to TV Announcers Thread

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Sounds like Stock is up as well and hopefully Cox!

He's the worse by far......I despise this guy more than Harry Neale back in the day.

Wasn't Cox the one that reported that Burns had died when he hadn't........****ing ******

Xscout*

Feb 9, 2014
wow the fact this took this long is even more disturbing.
in general the people let go were despised by everyone watching - why wait so long?

there's been a isglenhealyfiredyet.com website up for like half a decade...
him and cox are wind bags that just love to hear their own voice. just DRRAAGGS on when they're on the screen.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
Honestly, Rogers would have done a lot better off the get go if they got rid of all the people everyone hates right away. It's not like they didn't know. They were flooded with ridicule online and other avenues when they brought these clowns over.

At the same time, everyone seemed to hate Rogers and pined for the good old days when CBC had Hockey Night In Canada. But it's the CBC that originally hired most of the clowns, like Healy and Stock.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Like most people here have posted... I liked Hirsch as well.

PJ Stock and Glen Healy were both terrible and universally disliked. How they lasted as long as they did is a mystery to me. I wish them well but hope to never see them on another broadcast again. If they were going to dump two people, those would be the one's I'd pick.

beaverBFP

Dec 24, 2008
Winnipeg
He's the worse by far......I despise this guy more than Harry Neale back in the day.

Wasn't Cox the one that reported that Burns had died when he hadn't........****ing ******

Isn't he the one that talked about the "possibility" of trading PK after we drafted Sergachev instead of ACTUALLY commenting on our pick?

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
Call me old fashioned but I thought MacLean should've kept the job in the first place. His monologues can go off the rails sometimes but they're usually good for a chuckle at least. Strombo was awful. He hasn't been good since The Punk Show on MuchMusic.

David Amber is alright, too. The rest, a big meh.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I hope Elliot is right behind the rest of those turds. Wish Ron and Don were rid of as well.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
God so happy Ron is back. WTF were they thinking replacing Ron Mclean on HNIC? I know they wanted to make a splash but man some thing you just don't f*** with!

Oct 22, 2012
Don't mind David Amber at all, Chantal was ok, but I felt like you could put anyone in that seat reading lines off a prompter.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Ron Maclean is straight up awful at his job. Hick Canadians like their familiar old codgers. None of this really matters as Canadians will tune in again when Canadian teams aren't terrible.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
On Prime time sports with Bob Mac and damien cox are live on tv right now saying how bs is it that Healy got fired. He is the most talented guy out there, tsn would be stupid not to be calling him right now. WHAT WORLD ARE THESE GUYS LIVING IN??????? Someone explain please.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
On Prime time sports with Bob Mac and damien cox are live on tv right now saying how bs is it that Healy got fired. He is the most talented guy out there, tsn would be stupid not to be calling him right now. WHAT WORLD ARE THESE GUYS LIVING IN??????? Someone explain please.

He used to be on TSN. I remember his spats with Brian Burke during the lockout.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
Like most people here have posted... I liked Hirsch as well.

PJ Stock and Glen Healy were both terrible and universally disliked. How they lasted as long as they did is a mystery to me. I wish them well but hope to never see them on another broadcast again. If they were going to dump two people, those would be the one's I'd pick.

Hirsch rocks.

And Ron MacLean needs to put out to pasture after 30 years at HNIC, it's time.

Just like John Madden did in 2009, Madden officially announced his retirement as an NFL broadcaster after 30 years, saying "It's time."

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Ron Maclean is an ******* tbh. Although I've only met him once, he was not very nice. I could do without him.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Somewhere James Duthie and the panel are laughing about this. I hope TSN gets back in the game, Rogers has been horrible. They look amateur in comparison to TSN.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Like CH(good initials) but glad to see heals and PJ...please take Grapes and Kipper with you. Sad they lost their job, but happy to not hear them on HNiC

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
:yo:

Speaking of which, Rogers needs to poach some of these TSN guys.

They tried. TSN re-upped all their guys and they stood strong. They had to know how crap Rogers was and that it would be fine in the long run. Although, they could take Dreger for all I care.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad