Proposal: Change.org Petition to rename palladium drive to alfredsson way

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
You have it wrong. The Team was too cheap to give him an extension, or pay him what he was worth, so he left. I don't blame him one bit.

Was it about the cash? I thought it had to do with ①Cup contending team ②Swedish buddies

He would have gotten a much shorter and cheaper contract anyways, so I don't think money is the deal. Spezza pretty much left for the same reason too.

I just hope this team stops this "rebuild" garbage. It's been 5+ years and this team hasn't improved one bit (in fact, it has gotten worse IMO).

UnknownNasty

Oct 5, 2014
Was it about the cash? I thought it had to do with ①Cup contending team ②Swedish buddies

He would have gotten a much shorter and cheaper contract anyways, so I don't think money is the deal. Spezza pretty much left for the same reason too.

I just hope this team stops this "rebuild" garbage. It's been 5+ years and this team hasn't improved one bit (in fact, it has gotten worse IMO).

Detroit were not a cup contending team. If he really wanted a cup contending team, he would've gone to the Blackhawks or the Penguins, or any other team that had a decent chance of winning the Cup.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

I think both sides at some point or another said it was at least partly about the money.

The conjecture is that he chose Detroit over Boston because they were a competitive team, but also it was an Olympic year - so increases his chances of making Team Sweden playing with half their Olympic roster.

Detroit were not a cup contending team. If he really wanted a cup contending team, he would've gone to the Blackhawks or the Penguins, or any other team that had a decent chance of winning the Cup.

Only Detroit and Boston were offering him the money/had the cap space as far as 'contending' teams were reported.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad