"Change is coming"?

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
They basically ripped off Game of Thrones, "winter is coming."

:sarcasm:

Ha, that's what I thought.

I remember back in like 1998 when they basically threw in the towel they were marketing the team with the slogan "New Grit" because they added a couple of meaningless knuckle punchers. Anything to get the people believin' I guess.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Well they do have an influence on what we see on the ice. We still changed out 25% of our roster.

Meh. The 25% change doesn't mean much if the people in the best positions are all in the down-swing of their careers. The whole core is still suspect right now:

Sedins, Burrows, Edler, Hamhuis (to a certain extent), Bieksa...

Still not a very offensive team and not a very big team... not a team that's good at controlling the play and not a team excels at special teams anymore. Top 10 goaltending, top 10 defense ... bottom 10 forward group.

Sedins need to be 70+ point players and figure out how to run a powerplay again or the Canucks have zero change of doing anything.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
This.

And just because they're not hart trophy winners doesn't mean that they are terrible players.

Hank is good still... Danny has major concerns around him, issue with the Sedins is their declining play and huge contracts, hated those contracts when they were signed and for those contracts alone I'm good with the Gillis firing.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Hank is good still... Danny has major concerns around him, issue with the Sedins is their declining play and huge contracts, hated those contracts when they were signed and for those contracts alone I'm good with the Gillis firing.

They should not have gotten a raise. Should have been the same dollar figures as the last contract.

I realize Gillis paid them for past accomplishments but that's how you get into trouble. Declining and aging players should not be getting raises.

oyvey

meet you at the bottom if there really is one
Jan 6, 2010
Toronto
Just Aquaman saying "continue giving me all your discretionary income please"

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
maybe they are referencing the change that will be coming after we pick top 5 in the next draft.

Not happening my friend.

Before the Miller and Vrbata signings? Absolutely, we were in a prime position to land an elite prospect in the 2015 draft.

Now? We're headed to that no-man's land of 9th-12th in the West.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad