Post-Game Talk: Champs vs Ex Champs 7pm (Caps v Penguins)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I saw a Caps team that looked ready to play and geared to go. I saw a team play a game that wins st least 75% of the time. I saw what I was hoping to see.

I was concerned we’d see a knot in the throat game that saw us down 3-0 early on the way to a 6-2 drubbing. You remember those games — against this team — when it mattered?

We all see what we want to see. Mostly. But that worked.

Now as I said, gotta let this go (plus 3 little kids bed time— more important issues at hand ATM)
Which team wins 75% of the time?

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I love a good rivalry...Lets keep the hate for those Boston muppets.

Love that our division has the last 3 cups.
Just so you know, I’m taking extreme pleasure in the way Brown screwed Pittsburgh.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I’m sure it will be the opposite of what you will say. We’ve established that we don’t see the game in much the same way.

But to answer you— the goood Guys.
Apparently you arent good at math. If we won 75% of our games we would be on pace for 123 points. We are a bit short of that.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
This is how Pens/Caps games go. It is what it is.

Thankfully there are a few sensible comments in here tonight and this was one of them.
This game was standard Caps / Pen fare.
Literally every time we play them it's a coin toss as to who is going to win.
I remember watching in previous years and before the game had even started I was pissed off because
I knew the Caps were going to lose. I would be sitting there holding the TV remote because I would have to switch off so I didn't put my foot through the screen.

Last edited:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Apparently you arent good at math. If we won 75% of our games we would be on pace for 123 points. We are a bit short of that.

Apparently you can’t comprehend what people are writing all that well. I said a team that wins — meaning that specific type of game — 3 outta 4 times. Caps would’ve won playing that way vs the Pens.

I’m well aware of the Caps current record, thanks.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 11.08.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 11.08.39 PM.png

Sums it up nicely.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ridley Simon

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I saw a Caps team that looked ready to play and geared to go. I saw a team play a game that wins st least 75% of the time. I saw what I was hoping to see.

I was concerned we’d see a knot in the throat game that saw us down 3-0 early on the way to a 6-2 drubbing. You remember those games — against this team — when it mattered?

We all see what we want to see. Mostly. But that worked.

Now as I said, gotta let this go (plus 3 little kids bed time— more important issues at hand ATM)

I think this group is over the whole knot in the throat game thing

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
:laugh:

You just can't stop yourself, even when you (probably) know you're coming in half cocked. Starting to see why stats elude you... well, "starting to", but I still have some patience left. If the Capitals play that game 100% of the time, they should win 75% of the time. There's probably some catchy older truism for that kind of thing, if need be.

and to think if I ignored you I would be able to watch you come in hot and trip on your own shoelaces all the time. What a boring world that'd be.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
After reading this thread it seems like it was that kind of game I hate to lose. When you dominate but you get nothing at the end.
At least Ovi got his milestone. Now, need only 4G in 12 games. 1 goal every 3 games. You can do it Ovi

Reactions: Sam Spade

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Rewatched the highlights...I mean 92 is flatout pathetic. How in the f*** he was allowed on the ice 6 on 5 after such a poor game is beyond my mind. Completely non-existent offensively, his line was awful all night long. I'd say he's the main reason why Ovechkins and Wilsons stats are so stagnant last couple of weeks. Backstrom's line owned the opposition pretty much for all 60 minutes. I mean Backstroms had his bad period when he was nowhere to be found on the ice this season but he bounced back. Kuznetsov on the other hand just having a bad season. Don't point on stats, I don't care what they say, he's the worst player on this team recently. Period. And who he was talking to after Guentzel's goal? Its 100% "his" goal.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
For me, Kuznetsov was pretty much the biggest reason for our Cup win. He needs to get it together and quickly.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
As much as it sucks to lose like this to the pens... This type of loss can help remind the team that even if they dominate the play all game they can fell asleep for 2 min and lose the game.

Full 60 min , no shifts off boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad